A/C is stuck in defrost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C is stuck in defrost.

98 v6 Mustang is charged with Freon and only produces heat in defrost mode. Can that just be the blend door stuck?

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
    98 v6 Mustang is charged with Freon and only produces heat in defrost mode. Can that just be the blend door stuck?
    yep
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

does that require the whole dash to come out to fix?

Comment

Is the air blowing only out of the defrost vents no matter the setting, or will it blow out of the other vents when it's placed in a different mode?

Comment

Could be a vacuum line.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Could be a vacuum line.
            Yup! Vacuum leak will do it.

Comment

Had same problem with my 98. Stuck in defrost. Couldn’t get to vac motor whole dash came off. Total pain

Comment

I had the same issue with my '98 as well, never fixed it though, my guess would be behind the dash as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry. I have to wait till my mom comes out next week to visit her grandkids. So, I can look at the car. She's 75 and trying to ask her to relay information to me is very difficult. I was waiting to respond till I looked at it myself.

Comment

How hard is it to pull the dash? I got the same problem. Can't be reached by taking out the radio and the bezel and all that stuff?
                    WH

Comment

I used a service cd followed step by step. Steer column all that shit has to come off. Even with radio and stuff out still can’t get to it

Comment

Working...
                      X