Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting a new line of youtube videos. Need feedback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might be the minority, but a bunch of random cussing along the way doesnt make it funny.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      While I am not a YouTube expert I have watched what a lot of successful Youtubers have done over the years. From thousands to hundreds of thousands if not millions of subscribers.

Good Luck

* Just looked at your channel. Bullet two and three applies the most in your case. Look at what has the most views, specific problems. I bet that's where your subs came from. Stick that route and upload more. Out of all those videos why would you post the ones you posted? Lol You do have some solid views though. Stick that route, forget the rest until you're bigger. You want 100k videos, not 82 view videos.
      I like your suggestions, definitely going to upgrade the camera and audio. Looking into video software, but it hurts my brain. Just need to find one that's a little more user friendly.

My how to videos are just my work, a lot of things need to happen for me to make one. First, I need to know the problem going in, then I need to not be in a hurry. The big one is something that is actually popular enough to film.

I didn't post those because I already have a specific style that works for those videos.

This new series is just something that I'm doing for fun and if it happens to take off, so be it. That's why I need this feedback. My views always start out small and then snowball.

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      You mean, the jorts weren't intentional???
      Of course they were intentional, it was a 4th gen video after all.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Kill the fucking rooster.
      Don't tempt me. My dog has nearly beat me to it on several occasions.

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      I might be the minority, but a bunch of random cussing along the way doesnt make it funny.
      That's just my personality, I cuss a lot. I tend to go on these types of rants when I encounter something stupid in a car design. I understand that it might not be for everyone.

Comment

Record audio inside, just use stock photos and videos with audio over it.
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
          Record audio inside, just use stock photos and videos with audio over it.
          I've thought about doing this. Normally I would be filming inside of my garage, but my bays have been full for the past month.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            I like your suggestions, definitely going to upgrade the camera and audio. Looking into video software, but it hurts my brain. Just need to find one that's a little more user friendly.

My how to videos are just my work, a lot of things need to happen for me to make one. First, I need to know the problem going in, then I need to not be in a hurry. The big one is something that is actually popular enough to film.

I didn't post those because I already have a specific style that works for those videos.

This new series is just something that I'm doing for fun and if it happens to take off, so be it. That's why I need this feedback. My views always start out small and then snowball.

Of course they were intentional, it was a 4th gen video after all.

Don't tempt me. My dog has nearly beat me to it on several occasions.

That's just my personality, I cuss a lot. I tend to go on these types of rants when I encounter something stupid in a car design. I understand that it might not be for everyone.
            A few comments:
            I wasn't necessarily saying don't do the series. I was suggesting do what has caught on and focus on growth. Then when you get 50-100k of subscribers then you have a following that will be more inclined to watch these other videos. The videos that have thousands and thousands of views caught on most likely due to someone wanting to know how to change a timing belt not general problems with an IROC.

As you get more advance with video editing I would definitely do a voice over in lieu of talking during the work. You could mix it up and do both but the voice over allows you to be more accurate in your narration.

On a completely side note I am amazed at the growth and success these frequent YouTubers have made. It's amazing to watch them evolve over the past 4-5 years.

I am not sure if you are aware but on your YouTube account you can get full statistics on your viewers. Definitely read into that. Socialblade can also be a useful tool for metrics.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
              A few comments:
              I wasn't necessarily saying don't do the series. I was suggesting do what has caught on and focus on growth. Then when you get 50-100k of subscribers then you have a following that will be more inclined to watch these other videos. The videos that have thousands and thousands of views caught on most likely due to someone wanting to know how to change a timing belt not general problems with an IROC.

As you get more advance with video editing I would definitely do a voice over in lieu of talking during the work. You could mix it up and do both but the voice over allows you to be more accurate in your narration.

On a completely side note I am amazed at the growth and success these frequent YouTubers have made. It's amazing to watch them evolve over the past 4-5 years.

I am not sure if you are aware but on your YouTube account you can get full statistics on your viewers. Definitely read into that. Socialblade can also be a useful tool for metrics.
              I will still be doing the how to videos for sure. The thing about my current style is that it doesn't generate subscribers. Someone that wants to know how to change the intake gasket on a 350 isn't going to subscribe and watch a video on a water pump for a 318. They were just looking for their problem.

My sister on the other hand makes ribbon sculptures for the arts and crafts people and has 10 times my subscribers.

Trying to appeal to a broader market with these videos. Both new people looking to buy and people that owned them and feel the same way.

Yeah, I check my analytics often.

Comment

I will still be doing the how to videos for sure. The thing about my current style is that it doesn't generate subscribers. Someone that wants to know how to change the intake gasket on a 350 isn't going to subscribe and watch a video on a water pump for a 318. They were just looking for their problem.

My sister on the other hand makes ribbon sculptures for the arts and crafts people and has 10 times my subscribers.

Trying to appeal to a broader market with these videos. Both new people looking to buy and people that owned them and feel the same way.

Yeah, I check my analytics often.
                Again, this is just my opinion but I think you're wrong on the last part of first paragraph.

EricTheCarGuy has managed to get 3/4 of a million subs by posting brake and manifold swaps. If you market yourself and tell your viewers "Hey, I will be posting a new issue once a week, like and subscribe and check back!"

You will notice an increase in subs and views.
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yep. 20K views away from 1 million hits on my channel. 450K of them came last year and my viewership is up this year. Hoping I can get this new series to doing as well as my how to videos.
                  Nice numbers! What kind of coin do you pull with 1 million youtube views?
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                    Nice numbers! What kind of coin do you pull with 1 million youtube views?
                    Crap. 450K views last year alone, made about $100 a month.

Comment

The rooster wasn't a request.

I turned the video off after the 4th time I heard it. The wind noise kills it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        The rooster wasn't a request.

I turned the video off after the 4th time I heard it. The wind noise kills it as well.
                        It's the horrors of living in the country. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to reshoot something due to noise. Once I get my garage back, the quality will improve.

Comment

Crap. 450K views last year alone, made about $100 a month.
                          So 450k views = $1200 or so.
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

It's the horrors of living in the country. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to reshoot something due to noise. Once I get my garage back, the quality will improve.
                            Don't think about shooting the video, think about watching it, set the bar high. Take all of your video shots, make them interesting. Get back to the computer and cut them. Then overlay the audio in the quietest place possible, spend $100 on a good vocal mic. Shit you could take the current videos, cut them, and overlay audio for practice. I watched this a few weeks ago and it changed my perspective on film editing a bit.

Comment

So 450k views = $1200 or so.
                              Pretty much. I've had 150K to start this year and around $350.

Don't think about shooting the video, think about watching it, set the bar high. Take all of your video shots, make them interesting. Get back to the computer and cut them. Then overlay the audio in the quietest place possible, spend $100 on a good vocal mic. Shit you could take the current videos, cut them, and overlay audio for practice. I watched this a few weeks ago and it changed my perspective on film editing a bit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428441/
                              Sounds like good advice.

Comment

Pretty much. I've had 150K to start this year and around $350.

Sounds like good advice.
                                I've never done a video before but if I get some time I may practice with one of your vids and post it up, I don't have a good mic tho, but I will see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X