Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      Very interesting, and it's great that you got relief. I just don't buy it. Seems like maybe a placebo effect.

What is the logic behind the stapler thing? How is that supposed to actually do anything?
      It's like a meat tenderizer

Comment

I think they hit you with that little hammer thing until you pass out and then they do things to your butthole.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I will definitely agree there are a lot of "cookie cutter" chiropractors. They are the ones who don't really treat the symptoms but put you through a routine adjustment hoping to work out the kinks.

I have a buddy who is a chiropractor and I feel a bit better afterwords.

I wish this guy was near me because he is the only one I've seen or heard of that treats actual problem areas.

His channel seems to be gone though? He had a lot of videos similar to these.
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I'm in the "swear by them" camp. Mine has helped me out tremendously with an injury or two over the years. Once I simply woke up with a very bad pain in my back. Hadn't been to the chiropractor in years, but after 20 minutes he had it fixed up and the pain was gone.

At this point I think they're a lot better than doctors, for their particular area and the treatments that they cover. That is to say, they're better at their jobs. You get doctors calling them quacks, which just makes the doctor look even less credible.

Just my .02
            WH

Comment

I can’t speak for anyone but myself but here is my story.

I was having severe low back pain and got to the point I was wearing a tens unit all day every day just to be able to get through the day. I had decided before I had surgery I would try chiropractic and acupuncture as last resorts.

So I found a guy in Keller named Max Waddell at Waddell Chiropractic. He took a look at my MRI and x-rays and told me he could help.

I was pretty skeptical but figured wtf. I started going to him 3 times a week at first and made sure he knew I thought he was a quack just out to get my money I mean I really gave him a ration of crap every visit.

Finally one day he goes “look if you don’t see an improvement in 6-8 weeks don’t come back because that is about the best I can do for you and you are a huge pain in the ass and I don’t want you for a patient anyway”

Well it was about 8 weeks that I really saw an improvement. Up until that point I had not been able to stand long enough to take a shower without having to sit down.

I continued to improve and managed to get out of having surgery and have been using him ever since either once a week or every couple of weeks depending on schedule and how I feel.

Fast forward 15 years and I start having numbness in my left arm and fingers. Go get a MRI at his request. The results are not good. I have a 10mm (I think that is what it was) bulge in my neck at c5.

Dr. Waddell tells me I really don’t think I can help you and you need to go see a surgeon. I was really surprised by his honesty because most of the chiropractors I hear about are just out to make a buck.

So I am a big fan of chiropractors but I think you have to find a good one and one that actually gives a damn about you as a person.

Cliff notes
              Went to chiropractor to avoid back surgery and worked out well.

Comment

I have a roller table at the house I used for 5 days in a row and my back problems went away for the most part. Every now now and then I have to get back on it but it helped a ton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

How much did that cost?

Comment

Chiropractic adjustments can make a world of difference, especially with the headaches I used to have. A lot of issues can be avoided with practicing good posture and stretching. I've found that if the muscles in the affected area are tense, the adjustment will go right back to where it was. I've looked into meridian stretches and it helped my lower back tremendously.
                    sigpic

Comment

Here I go again... I'm a family practice doc--for 26 years now. I have no problems with chiro's, heck I go to one occasionally for my neck and back issues (played football in high school in the old 'lead with your head' days... ). It definitely helps. I do prefer the old school techniques to the new 'indirect' stuff. Only problem I have is the ones who tell people to quit their diabetes and blood pressure meds and that they can cure them by adjusting their spine. Bull. Also don't agree with the 'come in 3 times a week for 15 weeks'...
                      Another pearl: If the pain is not better within 2-3 treatments--go see a physician.
                      '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                        How much did that cost?
                        $1000 used. Got it from a chiropractor that went out of business.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                          $1000 used. Got it from a chiropractor that went out of business.

Don't know if its the same thing my chiro has...

Is that the one you lay flat on your back, and the entire top moves back and fourth? If so yeah it would be awesome to own one of those.

Been looking at the high end massage chairs. A bit pricey, but likely worth every penny.
                          WH

Comment

It's physical therapy, not medicine.

I was I'm court earlier this summer and the plaintiff marches a chiropractor out, as if he's going to unravel this great mystery for the jury.

The defense attorney starts out his cross with "which hospitals are you licensed to practice in? Oh, you're not? Ok, so when you prescribe medication to patients...Oh, you can't? So you are a "doctor" that isn't allowed to practice in a hospital, or prescribe medication? Doesn't sound like much of a medical doctor to me. Let's talk about when the FBI shut your practice down..."

Pretty damn savvy.

Comment

Anyone ever tried an Airrosti ? Our insurance now cover them. A few guys I work with have been and its helped their shoulder injuries.. My shoulder is effed, been thinking if trying it.

Comment

My 2 cents. if you have a specific problem like your shoulder then go to a chiropractor a couple times. I go when I get a knot causing a lot of pain and he'll work his voodoo for a couple visits and the knot stops causing as much pain. It never goes away completely. I wouldnt sign up for the once a week all year crap they push. Iv actually had more luck with a sports therapist when it comes to chronic pain. Every time Iv went they've done the same things that a chiropractor have done but they usually try to get you to where you stop seeing them instead of trying to talk you into weekly visits.

Comment

Working...
                                X