No announcement yet.

Any VW or Audi wrench turners in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any VW or Audi wrench turners in here?

I know it's a mustang site and I have a couple of them but my wife's car is dying and I'm tired of dealing with it.

It's a 2013 Audi A4 2.0 turbo quattro

It went into limp mode and I got the code p2293 or p2294 (can't remember) and it started struggling to just stay on. Googled the symptoms and supposedly it was the high pressure direct injection fuel pump. Simple. Swapped it out and still same stuff.

Help! Anyone work on these German things on the side? I'll burn it before I take it to the dealer. My wife is stuck driving the f150 now. Lol.

You need to find a dude named Steve Zink over around Ft. W. He was a full time Audi tech but got tired of the dealer making huge profits. He had his own shop for a while. He is great, honest and priced fair. He also had a 500ish hp Audi truck / el Camino like vehicle he made from an Allroad.

Comment

dont know where you are but i use brads garage in midlothian for my vehicles. he specializes in german cars, he's from germany, and hes priced fair.

Comment

second vote for Zink's. I've taken all my cars to him over the years, suspension, tuning, repair.... he is a good Audi mechanic, without a doubt

Comment

John and Jason at anything automotive in denton, or veedub folks in irving.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm taking it to Steve Zink and his peeps and hopefully they can bring her back to life. I'm tired of dealing with it.

Comment

FML! So the timing belt tensioner failed and the car jumped time and that's why it won't turn on. Looks like it needs a whole top end. Damn car only has 74k miles. I'm taking got to Audi in the morning and see what I can negotiate.

Comment

Working...
              X