Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Looks damned good Keith.

"C" clip and throttle cable lug fit?

David

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
        Holy shit 900 dollars? For cobra r's?

Probably would have cost the same for any wheel. Widened rears and refinishing/paint, plus they most likely don't make r's in that width/offset and he stated his were a little rough.

OP, Nice work BTW, you answered my question about wheel repair places in dfw, thanks. I'm going to swing by and get a quote at lunch today.
        Ded

Comment

Boy thats looks like a lot of work!! Looks like it will be badass when completed.

Comment

Keith, for some reason I thought you had gotten rid of your car. Looks very nice, as well as making me jealous of the shop space.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

That's some damn fine work.

Comment

Who/where did you get those wheels widened? how much moola to do that?

Very nice project you've go going there.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                  Who/where did you get those wheels widened? how much moola to do that?

Very nice project you've go going there.

mardyn

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  Wheels America in Dallas off of Cockrall Hill Rd and Mint. Ask for David or Dennis. They did a great job, their customer service was very good also. I called and was told they were not ready and would be finished in the morning. Three hours later I got a call saying they were finished. I drove there from Haslet only to find out they weren't. No worries they delivered them to me at my house the next day.

Cost? Well, I started with some pretty rough wheels. I think the widening fee was $230 each. To have them widended, and all four stripped and refinished cost me around $900.

Ded

Comment

You are quite welcome Keith!

That car is going to be badass, your attention to detail is something that most people dream of.

I can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

damn those are some classy bulkheads... very nice. This is the way I'd build it also, I'm so anal it would take years.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post

That car is going to be badass, your attention to detail is something that most people dream of.

This is true.
                        Those electrical couplings are the bees knees. And that car (even for a low mileage unit) is clean as hell. The undercarriage is damned near spotless, aside from the wheel wells.

David

Comment

Keith, you planning on converting that thing over to a hydraulic clutch?
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

i squeezed in tailpipes on my car with 275/50/15 mickey thompsons, and i had to "clearance" the tailpipes some.

BTW, nice looking rear suspension setup ! Whole build looks top notch.

Comment

coming in with the multi quote

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              damn those are some classy bulkheads... very nice. This is the way I'd build it also, I'm so anal it would take years.
                              Hence the reason I have been building this thing for 4 years. Hell this is the third or fourth harness I have built.

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                              Keith, for some reason I thought you had gotten rid of your car. Looks very nice, as well as making me jealous of the shop space.
                              You are welcome to stop by tomorrow and check it out if you would like. I will be in there plugging away to get it closer to running again.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Boy thats looks like a lot of work!! Looks like it will be badass when completed.
                              Thanks

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                              Probably would have cost the same for any wheel. Widened rears and refinishing/paint, plus they most likely don't make r's in that width/offset and he stated his were a little rough.

OP, Nice work BTW, you answered my question about wheel repair places in dfw, thanks. I'm going to swing by and get a quote at lunch today.
                              They do great work.

I started with a $200 set of 4 and 2 had curb rash, bent rims, a crack or two and we won't talk about the finish. For $900 they look brand new again and are unique (sort of).

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                              Looks damned good Keith.

"C" clip and throttle cable lug fit?

David
                              Yep they both fit now to get the cable length down right and to commit to a design for the plate.

Originally posted by turbostang View Post

Thanks Brooks. If I only had your fabricating skills and tools at my disposal 100% of the time this thing would be an F1 car by the time I was done with it.

Getting closer every hour.

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                              This is true.
                              Those electrical couplings are the bees knees. And that car (even for a low mileage unit) is clean as hell. The undercarriage is damned near spotless, aside from the wheel wells.

David
                              I am going to get under it tonight and scrub it down with rags and the wet vac. I did the front suspension that way this morning and it looks brand new again.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              Keith, you planning on converting that thing over to a hydraulic clutch?
                              I have thought about it but I have not seen any real good reviews with McCloed's conversion. It may be a cable clutch for a while.

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                              i squeezed in tailpipes on my car with 275/50/15 mickey thompsons, and i had to "clearance" the tailpipes some.

BTW, nice looking rear suspension setup ! Whole build looks top notch.
                              I am going to build new exhaust for it anyway. When I ordered the tires and set on the wheel size I knew that nothing back there would work 100% together. I was actually suprised how it all cleared once I pulled the tail pipe out.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

that makes my left leg sore just thinking about it. When I switched from my fox to my vette it was heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X