No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could always go buy some unleaded race fuel to mix in for now.

Comment

• Okay, so the car needs to be tuned, still. The guy (James) tuning it advised that even though we could ice the intercooler, we are safer in higher boost with meth. Okay, I can put another "system" in the car.

Meth kit arrived from www.alkycontrol.com last week and I just got home to get it installed. Opened the box up and so far everything looks well thought out, well packaged, and complete down to the screws, zipties, wire loom etc.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Can the holley still control this kit? Also update me how you like it. Need to get one myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          Can the holley still control this kit? Also update me how you like it. Need to get one myself.
          Not really. I will be completely independent of the holley system. The controller in this kit has a pwm output for the pumps output pressure. Trying to use the holley to pwm control a pump like this would smoke the ecu. Right now the ecu will log and adjust tune on IAT which the meth will bring down.

I am putting the nozzles (dual for 25gpm total) between 2 IAT sensors. One on the intake that the ecu uses to control fuel with and one after my intercooler. I can log those and see the difference in the overall temps when the meth system ramps on.

Holley does make a system of their own. They use a pump on a relay to supply 12v and the pumps is on/off with no in between. They then use the ECU to pwm control a solenoid (think injectors) that acts as the nozzle on the intake.

I could have gone with the holley but James has had great success with the alkycontrol stuff.

Comment

• Damn lucky you with two iat sensors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Damn lucky you with two iat sensors.
              Silly dude, I have 4. Ambient, pre-cooler, post-cooler, and in the intake which is the true IAT/MAT that the ECU uses to adjust fuel trim off of.

Comment

• This fucking guy here. Lol

Comment

• Meh, not 100% happy with these nozzles but they are in.

Just need to mount the (temporary) meth tank and run a few wires.

Comment

• All wired up. Still need to mount the tank. Getting awfully crowded back here. I think this plastic tank will get replaced by an aluminum one attached to the water tank with a mount for the pump to bolt to instead of using the body. Then I need to make a floor and carpet.

Comment

• When is the launch date?

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        When is the launch date?
                        I need to pull off part of the crossover and weld a 1/8" npt bung, run the meth line, set it on the ground and it will be ready for the tuner. So I would like to see it rolling out of his shop by Tuesday afternoon. Otherwise it will have to wait another 2 weeks.

Comment

• Looks good!
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                            You've got to get those hose clamps lined up, I'm not near as OCD, and that jumped out at me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              You've got to get those hose clamps lined up, I'm not near as OCD, and that jumped out at me.
                              Done. I was rushing to get it together so I could get inside the house for the night.

Comment

• haha i thought the same.

Whats the nozzle issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X