X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
    haha i thought the same.

Whats the nozzle issue?
    The nozzle itself is a 1/8"npt male fitting with a nozzle head. You load it from the inside with a washer and rubber gasket to seal the inside. The outside is nothing more than a 1/8"npt female 90* with the same gasket to seal the outside. It threads onto the nozzle that only has a few threads sticking up by now.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I knuckled down and attempted to tackle the rear part of the exhaust. After grabbing 2 3" aluminum 180* bends, I got to work.

From the muffler to the v-band on the rear side of the axle tube, all 1 piece and all slips in without having to drop the axle down.

I started on the passenger side first. I wanted to get the hard one out of the way. Clearing the Panhard bar mount wasn't as hard as I has psyched my up about.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        The nozzle itself is a 1/8"npt male fitting with a nozzle head. You load it from the inside with a washer and rubber gasket to seal the inside. The outside is nothing more than a 1/8"npt female 90* with the same gasket to seal the outside. It threads onto the nozzle that only has a few threads sticking up by now.
        Ewww. I don't like the possibility of something coming loose and getting eaten by the engine. Those washers can get expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          Ewww. I don't like the possibility of something coming loose and getting eaten by the engine. Those washers can get expensive.
          Me neither. Those 90*s are cranked down tight as hell and I think they aren't going anywhere. Just would have liked something different.

Comment

• Checkout these bad boys. 3" aluminum all the from the Y in the downpipe. Still need to have the tig welded obviously.

I left them plain round for right now. Once they are all welded I am going to look at different slash cut angles.

Sound clip and finished pictures will have to wait a few weeks.

Comment

• Top is fixeded. I had to replace the passenger lift cylinder after it puked fluid put the seal. No since in not replacing both at the same time so that us what we did. Not too hard to do. A nut and a bolt on each side and 2 lines per side. Damn thing took almost a full qrt of trans fluid. Now she can go outside and get the first bath since 09 June 2012....the last time the top was up too.

Comment

• Looking great!
                So whats the verdict on alum exhaust, I wonder how far back it has to be on a road race app w/o overheating.
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  Looking great!
                  So whats the verdict on alum exhaust, I wonder how far back it has to be on a road race app w/o overheating.
                  I have it mocked up and ready for welding all the way out the back like the factory. Until the tailpipes are welded, the mufflers are dumped.

Or do you mean how far from the engine /turbo do you have to run steel before transitioning to aluminum? Not sure. Mine changes right at the transmission tailshaft.

Comment

• Finally got a bath...now that I can get the top up.

Also the first time I have put the center caps in.

Comment

• It's so unassuming, awesome. You should race white88 when his cobra is running, should be soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        It's so unassuming,
                        x2 that is one very well built car
                        2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                        2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

• Thanks guys.

I dropped off the tailpipes with Brooks this evening. Hopefully when I get back in 2 weeks they will be ready. Also looking to get it tuned then too.

Comment

• Bad ass work man!
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              Bad ass work man!
                              Thanks Nick. I am ready to drive it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                                Thanks Nick. I am ready to drive it.
                                Man I know that feeling for sure! I've got a few projects I really want/need to do on my fox but I just can't bring myself to put it back on jackstands right meow since I'm able to drive it finally and enjoy it. Since I don't have AC in it, I might start on it in like July or so and be done with them before it cools off again.
                                Originally posted by stevo
                                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X