Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiropractors

I know people that swear by them.
    I also know people think it's all a scam, and say "if you start going, youll have to go for the rest of your life". Granted, I do take that with a grain of salt.

Whats the collective DFWM opinion on chiropractors, and does anyone have a Fort Worth or Arlington recommendation?
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

After I fell down the basement stairs (basically that shitty office building carpet glued directly to concrete stairs) when I was about ten years old, and I fucked up my back. I went to a chiropractor for years for therapy and adjustments. I stopped going when my chiropractor moved out of state about 15 years ago and haven't been back since. No problems for me since then. It really did help, but it just depends on what you need done and finding the right doctor to do it.

Comment

I'm sure it does help some people, maybe even a lot of people.

I've only been once. I was having a lot of pain in a certain area of my back. The chiropractor laid me on a table and started tapping on me with this goofy looking hammer thing that was like a stapler with no staples. It was like she was just tapping me in random spots, and didn't focus on the area where the pain was. Then she has me stand up, and was like "Now, is that better?". It wasn't better at all. How could it be? I left there shaking my head and $50 lighter. Never again.

From that experience, I rank it right along with all the essential oil nonsense.

Comment

I go only when I get hurt and my doc saved me from having to have back surgery the last time. They can only do so much but my opinion is they work well.

Comment

If you guys want to do it, check out The Joint. It's a quick few minutes in and out place, they do a series of adjustments, it's quick and nice. Pricing used to be $69 for up to 4 adjustments at month at any of their locations.

It helped me for a while, but then I herniated a disc in middle part of my back and had to have a minor back surgery and haven't been back, but it sure loosened up some tension in my back, neck, and hips. I liked the chiropractor (Brian I think) in the Southlake location.

For $17/pop (pardon the pun) or so, it's cheap, much cheaper than most chiropractor places and they are all official chiropractors.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            I'm sure it does help some people, maybe even a lot of people.

I've only been once. I was having a lot of pain in a certain area of my back. The chiropractor laid me on a table and started tapping on me with this goofy looking hammer thing that was like a stapler with no staples. It was like she was just tapping me in random spots, and didn't focus on the area where the pain was. Then she has me stand up, and was like "Now, is that better?". It wasn't better at all. How could it be? I left there shaking my head and $50 lighter. Never again.

From that experience, I rank it right along with all the essential oil nonsense.
            I had a similar experience, but when I stood up, I was a new man!

Comment

I have a chiropractor I like and sometimes use, he normally puts me on a tens unit (in the area of pain) and then a roller table (if it's back related) both for about 15 minutes and then pops me.. He's never been pushy about getting on some 3 times a week program.. When I hurt, I go see him until it quits hurting.. If I'm still in a lot of pain after 5-6 visits, I go to the dr..
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

I've been before and it seemed like a scam.
                I've been to a good one before and after they pop your back and neck it feels good for a day or two, but then it usually hurts worse

I'd rather spend the money and get good massages every week than see a chiropractor.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  I had a similar experience, but when I stood up, I was a new man!
                  It was crazy. It was clear to me that she genuinely believed that she had fixed me. I could tell she was confused that I didn't start thanking her and singing her praises. Of course, she then suggested that I needed to come back in a few more times, but if that was her treatment method, there was no way I was going back. WTF? I expected her to stretch me or twist me or jump up and down on me, or something. Get that Fisher Price stapler shit out of here!

Comment

It was crazy. It was clear to me that she genuinely believed that she had fixed me. I could tell she was confused that I didn't start thanking her and singing her praises. Of course, she then suggested that I needed to come back in a few more times, but if that was her treatment method, there was no way I was going back. WTF? I expected her to stretch me or twist me or jump up and down on me, or something. Get that Fisher Price stapler shit out of here!
                    I've been to a chiro that does the twisting, popping, etc and I hated it. The guy that uses the "Fisher Price stapler" made a world of difference for me. I was having terrible pains in my lower chest at night and he cleared that up in two visits. I was all sorts of out of whack too. He showed my wife how twisted up my lower back was, to the point that my feet were different distances from my ass when I laid down. After the first session with the adjusting tool, I stood up and laterally felt 3 inches taller. It was a weird, but very refreshing feeling.

Comment

This guy is one of the best there is, fixed me up many times

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...UTF-8#q=morris chiropractor denton tx&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=33219777 ,-97149869,1782&tbm=lcl&rldimm=15453740513691040866

Moore Chiropractic Center
                      9 Google reviews
                      Chiropractor
                      Address: 707 Sunset St, Denton, TX 76201
                      Phone940) 383-9399
                      Hours: Closing soon · 2:30–6PM
                      Website
                      Directions
                      Suggest an edit

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                        I've been to a good one before and after they pop your back and neck it feels good for a day or two, but then it usually hurts worse

I'd rather spend the money and get good massages every week than see a chiropractor.
                        I get massages way more than I go to the chiropractor.
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                          I've been to a chiro that does the twisting, popping, etc and I hated it. The guy that uses the "Fisher Price stapler" made a world of difference for me. I was having terrible pains in my lower chest at night and he cleared that up in two visits. I was all sorts of out of whack too. He showed my wife how twisted up my lower back was, to the point that my feet were different distances from my ass when I laid down. After the first session with the adjusting tool, I stood up and laterally felt 3 inches taller. It was a weird, but very refreshing feeling.
                          Very interesting, and it's great that you got relief. I just don't buy it. Seems like maybe a placebo effect.

What is the logic behind the stapler thing? How is that supposed to actually do anything?

Comment

Very interesting, and it's great that you got relief. I just don't buy it. Seems like maybe a placebo effect.

What is the logic behind the stapler thing? How is that supposed to actually do anything?
                            I'm no chiro so I can't even begin to answer that question. Everything the doc said seemed to make sense and I felt a lot better after that first visit. I've been back probably 6 times over the last 2 years and none of the follow-up visits made anywhere near the difference of the first one.

I was having problems before the first visit and now I'm not so I don't think it was placebo effect in my case. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              I get massages way more than I go to the chiropractor.
                              Originally posted by 4king View Post

I got my first professional massage the other day. It was a little asain joint (no happy ending) called Happy Feet off of Hulen, it was a strange experience, but I did feel better. My shoulder is very tight, and the only thing I can imagine is from me resting my arm weird on my drivers door on my rather long commute. I think my neck could be adjusted too.

I'm wondering if my shoulder is fixable from a massage, or maybe a solid chiro could work some magic.
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X