X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ww2 1911s up for sale Thanks Trump

Would love to pick one up

Last edited by sig239; 01-06-2018, 01:04 AM. Reason: 6

Not a fan of buying things without knowing price ahead of time. I'm all for making a purchase like this, but would need to understand the cost.

Is it me or is it simply common sense to sell US surplus/dated gun to the US public? Heck, could argue we should be given them - but I'm okay with buying them at a fair price.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The world of surplus. You have a chance to buy what you have already paid for.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

The really sad thing is that we had about a million and a half new in the box 1911s that Clinton ordered destroyed. We also destroyed about a million brand new M14s under his orders. My stepdad was in the AF reserves until he retired a few years ago and he personally had to put 2800 brand new Colt revolvers through a shredder one weekend out at Carswell.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-06-2018, 09:17 AM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

In reference to the tag. I do have a civil war 1911 but unfortunately the war it will be used in hasn't been fought yet.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Unless these have all been reworked, no thanks. The last half a dozen or so that I used when I was in were ridiculously work out.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              Unless these have all been reworked, no thanks. The last half a dozen or so that I used when I was in were ridiculously work out.
              The 1.5 million the Clinton had destroyed were all brand new in the box from WWII. I believe that the Army still has a few hundred thousand of them in the same shape.

My buddy was a MP and he told me stories of worn out 1911s that they were forced to carry while having to walk past pallets of brand new ones that they were not allowed to touch.

Comment

I wouldn't care if it was a shooter or not. Have plenty that are, just be cool having one carried in ww2. Just a piece of history.

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                  I wouldn't care if it was a shooter or not. Have plenty that are, just be cool having one carried in ww2. Just a piece of history.
                  You’d never know if it was carried or not. Better off buying a ww1 1911 if you want provenance.

Comment

So how do you actually get on this list? I tried to check out the site and its pretty crappy

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      In reference to the tag. I do have a civil war 1911 but unfortunately the war it will be used in hasn't been fought yet.
                      How can you have a civil war 1911? Civil war ended in 1865 and 1911 pistol was created in late 1890s iirc
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                        How can you have a civil war 1911? Civil war ended in 1865 and 1911 pistol was created in late 1890s iirc
                        You're missing his context clues.

Comment

Ahh I see what he did there
                          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                            The world of surplus. You have a chance to buy what you have already paid for.
                            Yeah shouldn't they just give that shit away to whoever gets there first?

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            Unless these have all been reworked, no thanks.
                            Agree. Think I'd rather just pay for a new good modern one.
                            WH

Comment

From what I read on another board the crappy put together not matching numbers units will be around $1200 and the more desirable units will be $2000 - $2500.

Not sure if those prices match the purpose of the CMP

Comment

Working...
                              X