No announcement yet.

Rangers 2018!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a page from the Mavs and signing some dude who was awesome 5 years ago.... Cuban fielded an entire team of All Stars out of their prime.... bust. I guess it was cool for autographs though.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      It looks like maybe we aren't rebuilding just yet. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...-lincecum.html
      Yea if it was 8 years ago.
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
        Yea if it was 8 years ago.
        I'm kind of hoping he's the next John Smoltz. He moved to the bullpen at 33 (same age as Lincecum) after missing a season and it worked out pretty well. He's a little crazy, has big game experience and apparently can throw mid 90s again.

Comment

It looks like maybe we aren't rebuilding just yet. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...-lincecum.html
          That's full rebuild imho.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm kind of hoping he's the next John Smoltz. He moved to the bullpen at 33 (same age as Lincecum) after missing a season and it worked out pretty well. He's a little crazy, has big game experience and apparently can throw mid 90s again.
            That would be interesting if Lincecum could be in the bullpen or even a closer. Heck Mariano Rivera really didn't get guys with his fast ball. His cutter was the lethal pitch.
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

6 man rotation..... who's the GM Darvish?

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                Bartolo reported in at a svelte 280.....
                Big Sexy

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  Taking a page from the Mavs and signing some dude who was awesome 5 years ago.... Cuban fielded an entire team of All Stars out of their prime.... bust. I guess it was cool for autographs though.
                  except for the year they won it a questionable roster...

Comment

Rangers just signed Julio Pablo Martinez.

The Rangers have reportedly inked Cuban center fielder Julio Pablo Martinez for the remaining $2.8 million in their international bonus pool.

He's immediately the #3 prospect in the franchise. It looks like we finally solved the center field problem for several years to come.

Comment

Rangers just signed Julio Pablo Martinez.

The Rangers have reportedly inked Cuban center fielder Julio Pablo Martinez for the remaining $2.8 million in their international bonus pool.

He's immediately the #3 prospect in the franchise. It looks like we finally solved the center field problem for several years to come.
                      A double A prospect is #3? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wow our minor league system is poor.
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                        A double A prospect is #3? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wow our minor league system is poor.
                        Baseball America ranks farm systems by players who should be MLB ready in the next two seasons so yeah by that standard it is pretty poor. Keep in mind that Gallo, Mazara and Odor are all fairly recent graduates of the farm system though. We have a lot of 18-21 year old talent in the system but not a lot of 22-24 year olds.

Comment

yes, we cashed our prospects out already. The only big time prospect we gave away was Brinson.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            yes, we cashed our prospects out already. The only big time prospect we gave away was Brinson.
                            Yeah I think that one will sting for a while though. At least we got a South African pitcher for Jeffress when he went back to the Brewers (after going to jail).

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              Please don't remind me about that trade. What a waste that turned into being.
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Off to a hell of a start. Our best starter so far is almost 45 and goes 280 but he also goes 6 innings. I’m gonna laugh my ass off and buy a Rangers “big sexy” jersey if the Rangers make the playoffs and he is the game 1 ace starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X