Want to change to 300 blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to change to 300 blackout

Want to try 300 blackout cheap to see if I like it. Have colt socom 2 to work with so other then a 300 blackout barrel is there anything else I would need to order to make it work ?

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
    Want to try 300 blackout cheap to see if I like it. Have colt socom 2 to work with so other then a 300 blackout barrel is there anything else I would need to order to make it work ?
    Nope. You just want to be sure your gas block is for the same OD barrel and the gas tube is the correct length.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Fuck .300 unless you're going to load it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        Fuck .300 unless you're going to load it yourself.
        Factory ammo in .300blk has the price of 7.62x51 without the punch so I understand what you are saying. If you do roll your own and are willing to use pickup brass you can get the price WAY down. I was short one weekend a few years ago and hit Elm Fork on a Saturday and had a 5 gallon bucket full of 5.56mm brass in under an hour. I believe that CJ had a thread sometime back about a 7 cent per round load he had come up with. Last I remember he was working on getting it to shoot accurately.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

300blk is only useful if you're going to suppress the gun. If you plan to shoot it without a suppressor, supersonic, there are better options. The ammo is ridiculously expensive so unless you have a suppressor, reload, AND cast, you might want to look elsewhere.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            300blk is only useful if you're going to suppress the gun. If you plan to shoot it without a suppressor, supersonic, there are better options. The ammo is ridiculously expensive so unless you have a suppressor, reload, AND cast, you might want to look elsewhere.
            Already have a osprey for my 1911 it is rated for 300 whisper so I was thinking about another gun to try it on .

Comment

You can pick up a 300blk upper without the BCG for $200, and you don't have to swap barrels and align the gas system. I would go that route. If you hate the round, sell the upper or convert that to something else one day.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
              X