Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation CLean up the ranger has begun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    If you decide to have paint and body work done the guy that did my Miata was awesome and quite a good deal.
    if I do anything with paint, I'll more than likely do it myself. I've always wanted to paint a car the right way. lol

for now I just need to get under the hood done.

Comment

Fuck no, make it clean as shit under hood and on the inside, leave the outside beat up
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

The outside is beat up?

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
          Fuck no, make it clean as shit under hood and on the inside, leave the outside beat up

This. The Ranger is fine as it is. Get all of the mechanical / electrical working flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
            The kid speaks the truth, don't ruin that fabulous wear lol

Comment

haha, I hear what you are saying, but I'm just concerned about further wear. I don't want it to get much worse. I don't like the look of clear coated patina either. So it seems I'm either to paint it, or let it rot further.

Comment

They should make POR15 in a clear. At least your in central TX where rust is slow

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                  They should make POR15 in a clear. At least your in central TX where rust is slow
                  North Texas actually. But there is more rust than when I got it 8 years ago. And the paint is thinner than ever.

Comment

is that por15 clear glossy? I hate gloss over rust.

Comment

I think there is a satin clear that isn't as obvious as the glossy. But you should cut the rust out first, or replace with new panels that are rust free.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                        I think there is a satin clear that isn't as obvious as the glossy. But you should cut the rust out first, or replace with new panels that are rust free.
                        it's only surface rust. no holes.

Comment

Even better. Sand the rust down to bare metal, prime it and add satin clear.

Comment

you could CLR and clear like JOHN did on the mile.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Looked great on the green mile, but I don't think it would work on my truck.
                              I may just have to leave it as is.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                                This. The Ranger is fine as it is. Get all of the mechanical / electrical working flawlessly.
                                Scientifically impossible on a 2.3T, but we all like the sound of the idea.

I’m torn on new paint vs leave it. Leaning more toward leave it. If you need a bigger turbo, holler. I still have the one off my SVO. Just bolted up for fit check, 0 miles.

Good luck!
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X