DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 12-12-2018, 08:12 AM   #41
BP
infidel

Regarding Beto the last representative elected as president was 135 years ago. JFK, LBJ and Ford were representatives, then elected to the senate before the presidency. Obama was a state legislator then a senator before being elected.

It'd be exceptionally rare for a sitting representative to become a nominee for POTUS regardless of how popular they are. Obviously he's running and will do well but I think the DNC (Hillary) will pressure him to run as a VP on either Biden, Bernie or Hillary's ticket.

It's scary to think of a Bernie/Beto ticket because they'll automatically get 50% of the popular vote.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #42
46Tbird
Yip Yip Yip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
This is where I’ll differ from you. Beto runs, Trump WILL lose. Beto being within 3 points is fucking shameful and disgusting for a “red” state. And the only reason it happened is the money flowing in from people who couldn’t even vote in that race. Beto runs for President, we’re all fucked.
I don't think so man. In his Senate race, he was exposed as being fully funded by CA and DC, he openly pushes for gun control, open borders, and impossibly expensive government run healthcare. His base is the frustrated and rudderless Bernie Bro movement that seems to be shrinking by the day with a good economy and a general annoyance to their militant PC bullshit and "gimme free stuff" mantra.

He would definitely stand a better chance than the stuffy old white people that the Democrats will inevitably trot out - Hillary, Biden, Bernie, or Pocahontas (what's her real name again?). But he'll have his hands full in a primary with Harris and/or Booker. If he says anything negative about them, the Democrats' perpetually oppressed, victimized, and offended base will consider some comment or old tweet to be racist or sexist, he'll apologize, and his campaign will go down in a flaming wreck. Maybe.

Should be a fun couple of years.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:57 AM   #43
94mstng94
Lexus Tech

RBG is retiring. The real show will start after the first of the year when the executive order involving changes to the manual for courts martial goes into effect. These people will not get away with what they’ve done to this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
94mstng94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #44
BLAKE
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I don't think so man. In his Senate race, he was exposed as being fully funded by CA and DC, he openly pushes for gun control, open borders, and impossibly expensive government run healthcare. His base is the frustrated and rudderless Bernie Bro movement that seems to be shrinking by the day with a good economy and a general annoyance to their militant PC bullshit and "gimme free stuff" mantra.

He would definitely stand a better chance than the stuffy old white people that the Democrats will inevitably trot out - Hillary, Biden, Bernie, or Pocahontas (what's her real name again?). But he'll have his hands full in a primary with Harris and/or Booker. If he says anything negative about them, the Democrats' perpetually oppressed, victimized, and offended base will consider some comment or old tweet to be racist or sexist, he'll apologize, and his campaign will go down in a flaming wreck. Maybe.

Should be a fun couple of years.
I hope you're right.
BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #45
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94mstng94 View Post
RBG is retiring. The real show will start after the first of the year when the executive order involving changes to the manual for courts martial goes into effect. These people will not get away with what they’ve done to this country.
Sotomayor is in even worse health than RBG. She fell and broke her shoulder earlier this year after letting her blood sugar get out of whack. She's 63, overweight, diabetic and isn't following her doctor's orders. I don't wish harm to either of them but I really can't see them lasting 5-6 more years.

Breyer is the next oldest at 80 and he's had plenty of injuries. Heck he got hit by a car right before Bill Clinton interviewed him for the seat he ultimately gave to RBG. He had a shoulder replaced in 2014 after another cycling accident.

It's going to be a real interesting second term!
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:11 PM   #46
bcoop
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
I hope you're right.
Me too. That's just not the way I see it going down at this moment. I'm hopeful, but I'm also concerned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #47
Broncojohnny
Lifer

My thing with Beto is that he is just stupid. Here is a list of why that is:

1. He went almost the entire campaign without taking a position on important issues, the Barrack Obama model
2. He never hired pollsters for his campaign to see if it was working
3. Because of item #2 he didn't figure out he was going to get his ass pounded by Ted Cruz until about six weeks before the election
4. Once he realized his impending loss he decided to take action which consisted of taking the most extreme leftist positions he possibly could like impeaching Trump, abolishing ICE, etc

He literally thought the best thing to do in a deep red state in order to gain more votes was to take the most extreme hard line leftist positions he possibly could.

This dumbass won't be trusted by the national Democrat party to even give an interview. He'll be the second coming of Dan Quayle if he happens to get vice president.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #48
Nash B.
Lifer

I agree that he's a moron, but as we all know most people are morons that will vote for morons
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:46 AM   #49
jammeejamm
Lifer

a registered democrat i frequently converse with could not give me anything about beto except for the three big buzz word issues; impeach, abolish and free. his ads were basically let us all hug and be friends with a good amount of arm and hand gestures for charisma. my acquaintance is not a moron, but people like him dislike trump so much they would give anyone else a chance with their vote. much like many voted for trump due to their true disdain for hillary.

so the concern is real, for the morons combined with the others will add up very quickly in the polls.
jammeejamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #50
bcoop
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash B. View Post
I agree that he's a moron, but as we all know most people are morons that will vote for morons
Zactly. We are surrounded by fucking idiots. We are surrounded by people that vote on emotion instead of logic. We are outnumbered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #51
ceyko
Lifer

Quote:
Zactly. We are surrounded by fucking idiots. We are surrounded by people that vote on emotion instead of logic. We are outnumbered.
Yup. In my late teens - early 20s I fell for BS tactics. In my late 20s, I started understanding the details of some basic things (At the time, the military and our situation in OIF/OEF) - the dem's platforms and promises have always been either unrealistic or not what is best for the country.

When I really started paying attention - I thought "Well, may be their tune will change when elected and they learn in details what is going on." Nope, what makes it really bad is they then try to execute or do execute on these "promises." Which tells me they are either really out of touch with reality, or they hate the country and will put votes/personal gains before the country. Suspect it's probably a lot of both.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #52
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Emotion yes, moronic, check...... lot’s of people are just out voting for freebies too. Look at all the Bernie bros and Ocasio-Cortez supporters. Promised free stuff = votes.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #53
The King
Lifer

Ahhh the memories

The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #54
bubbaearl
Time Served

the democrats today are just LBJ on steroids .
bubbaearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:53 AM   #55
fastwhite99gt
Time Served

RBG would rather die in her sleep on the bench than retire and give Trump the pick on her replacement.
fastwhite99gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #56
dcs13
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
RBG would rather die in her sleep on the bench than retire and give Trump the pick on her replacement.
I was only being polite.
The old battle axe is likely to croak any day. She wont be missed by the right. And yes it will be an INCREDIBLE shit show if Trump gets a 3rd nomination. They're already taking shots at Judge Barrett (one of the likely nominees). BUT we still have the Senate, so, it too shall pass. Elections have consequences, I just wish the illegal behavior of the deep state had consequences.

Last edited by dcs13; 12-17-2018 at 06:32 AM. Reason: added
dcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #57
barronj
Lifer

If you're not attuned to any conservative voice, do you really even know what sinister forces have been at work over the last 3 years?
Embarrassed to admit that I only look at a few news sites, but who's covering any of it with any degree of depth besides Fox?

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #58
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
It'd be exceptionally rare for a sitting representative to become a nominee for POTUS regardless of how popular they are. Obviously he's running and will do well but I think the DNC (Hillary) will pressure him to run as a VP on either Biden, Bernie or Hillary's ticket.
It'll be a massacre. Trump fights dirtier than any democrat. Did you see the stuff he was throwing up there for all to see about hillary? Brutal. Beto the fake irish will write his own eulogy for trump. The jokes will write themselves. No they need someone harder for him to attack. Someone that makes him take greater care in what he says and does to/at them. Then again its Donald Trump, he probably won't care anyway.

He wins 2020 no problem.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:58 PM   #59
barronj
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
It'd be exceptionally rare for a sitting representative to become a nominee for POTUS regardless of how popular they are.
The rules for what experience is required, whatever acumen derived from being established in politics, have changed as evidenced by our current and former presidents.
Trump being elected is the gold standard for what's rare, in that he had zero experience in politics.

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:39 PM   #60
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
Originally Posted by barronj View Post
If you're not attuned to any conservative voice, do you really even know what sinister forces have been at work over the last 3 years?
Embarrassed to admit that I only look at a few news sites, but who's covering any of it with any degree of depth besides Fox?
Axios

Tags
nay called it lol, nay calls gay boys only, nay calls tranny hookers, naynay on harry hines, smocking gun