No announcement yet.

Is a 250F enough power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty bike! what year and pastrana bend bars?

Comment

2011, low hours, riser bars and seat (haven't looked), FMF megabomb exhaust, some expensive ass revalved suspension for a 220 pound guy, and some high end rear wheel. Came with all the stock plastics which are perfect, another set of risers, a lower set of bars, 2 new front tires, some extra levers and new brake pads. He had like 30 bikes in his garage and does a lot of custom work and rebuilds. I think it was a hell of a deal for what I paid. Fire/Emt guy and they are usually pretty anal about maintenance. He had some kind of ridiculously fast pit bike he rode when we went for a test ride in a field. Bike felt great. I like a bike I can blip the throttle in first through third and it will pull the front wheel with no issues. I just wanted something to screw around on and have always wanted to try a KTM. I will say the magazines gave this year a rave review.

On a side note, I would venture to guess Daves bike would make that 250x I rode look bad. I can see the allure to the 250R's and man that thing was easy enough to start that it wouldn't bother my knee.

Oh and dammit now I guess I need to get on my garage remodel. Guy had some cool floor coating and metal sides with custom shelves at the top. When I moved in mine was enclosed and had two rooms. I got three colored walls and half of a floor stain. Decent sized garage though, just colorful!
      Last edited by kingjason; 03-30-2016, 08:33 PM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Soooo I went to my favorite little hole in the wall today. Poor Charles is going blind but he will still chat it up. They are really cleaning up out there. Looked like they were trying to add some more trails and working on the four wheeler track. It was a swamp in some areas though. Track is still rough but work able, none of the jumps are jacked up at the top right now though. Most of the shit laying around was gone. They also added some picnic tables and a fire pit. It is a shame, if he would work on that whole area more and add some nice tracks and a decent restroom that place would turn a fortune. The only thing I wonder is if it was all graded out and nice, when it flooded would the water carry off all the dirt?

I am very happy with my purchase. This bitch is bad! I mean it pulled hard it every gear. It is odd to say but the power rolls on kind of smooth in the higher gears but it is like a sling shot. My yz450 was fast but I think this would destroy it. Just more power everywhere. The suspension is fantastic and for the first time in a while I didn't miss a two stroke. I won't lie the electric start made the ride so much more enjoyable. Kicking over a bike just kills my knee and it just gets worse as I ride. My knees are a tad sore from turning around 15 laps and rolling around everywhere, but I had a good time. Had it to myself for my first hour of riding.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Gave that poor ol guy a ride last time I was out there. He was walking from the road. He won't be alive much longer. Dude is in ruff shape. And tables! HOO WEE they living the high life man! Never seen them do much of anything out there!

Comment

Working...
          X