DSArms.com $330.00 .300 BLK upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
    Wow thats small. Wonder what the ballistics (or lack there of) are like on that thing...

Also found this on arfcom
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/5...=bottom#bottom
    Thats the whole point of .300 blackout. Energy and reliability out of short barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
      Thats the whole point of .300 blackout. Energy and reliability out of short barrels.
      So similar to the point of the 6.8 SPC but the extra perk to the 300 is the subsonic ammo? Interesting

Comment

So similar to the point of the 6.8 SPC but the extra perk to the 300 is the subsonic ammo? Interesting
        No. 6.8 likes a long barrel. It's pretty unimpressive out of short barrels, imo.

Comment

I said this earlier, the .300 outperforms the 6.8 in short barrels.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            No. 6.8 likes a long barrel. It's pretty unimpressive out of short barrels, imo.
            Where on earth have you seen that? Every study I have ever seen on the 6.8 shows that lengths longer than 16" provide negligible gains and that the round was designed to replace the 5.56 because at very short barrel lengths the 5.56 just doesn't deliver.

Comment

Where on earth have you seen that? Every study I have ever seen on the 6.8 shows that lengths longer than 16" provide negligible gains and that the round was designed to replace the 5.56 because at very short barrel lengths the 5.56 just doesn't deliver.
              But we are talking about shorter than 16" barrels. A 6.8 out of a 9" won't hold a candle to the 300.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                But we are talking about shorter than 16" barrels. A 6.8 out of a 9" won't hold a candle to the 300.
                Not was I was saying. I said its similar in the fact 6.8 was designed for use out of shorter barrels; designed to outperform the 5.56 cartridge out of a carbine length or shorter barrel. Adam said it was best in longer barrels. While that holds true for every round imaginable to a certain extent, that was not the purpose of the 6.8. That was the similarity I drew between the two, the concept of an effective round out of a short barrel.

I never tried to imply once that the 6.8 SPC would outperform a 300 BLK on a 9" barrel.

Comment

Working...
                X