The yamaha VMAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gnturboray View Post
    Im talking about the current modern sport bikes which are the street versions of the AMA race bikes. The RC51's and the TLR's of the world are the v-Twin sport bikes of yester year. The Honda Superbird, the Suzi SV's, are FZ's, are sport touring.
    just stop...there are modern I3, I4, v-twin, and v4 supersport bikes

Comment

Originally posted by gnturboray View Post
      Im talking about the current modern sport bikes which are the street versions of the AMA race bikes. The RC51's and the TLR's of the world are the v-Twin sport bikes of yester year. The Honda Superbird, the Suzi SV's, are FZ's, are sport touring.
      LOL!!..Ok if you say so. I never said RC51..you did. And your calling the CBR1100xx Super Blackbird (Blackbird in the USA) a sport touring bike? It was arguably the fastest HYPERSPORT bike produced in the world from late 96-early 99. It was topped in 99' by the Suzuki Hayabusa and Kawasaki ZX-12R....and those aren't sport touring bikes. The Pacific Coast 800, ST1100/ST1300, VFR1200F (sort of a mix of both), Concourse 1000 and now Concourse 14, and FJR1300 are sport-touring bikes...all with shaft drive and tall fairings and seats, and factory bags.

Comment

on streetbikes i have had several 80's sportbikes (couple old ass 80's kawasaki 900's... hey they were cheap).. In 98 i had a 1998 gsxr 600, 1998 TL1000R, and then a 00 gixxer 600 which i held on to for a few years.. all of them were fun! they all had minor mods and were great back up daily's.. Just now with my back not able to hunch over a sportbike, I've considered a peppy cruiser... I dont expect to keep up with the liter bikes but i think it would be fun to still twist my throttle and enjoy it. Thats why a quick cruiser has come to mind. I think i could still have fun with a sporty cruiser with a somewhat comfy (under 2 hour) ride and still enjoy myself..
        c.etc
        So which do you guys think is better for semi daily use, looks/sounds cool, fun for semi long rides, peppy, etc...

Btw, i dont even want to think about riding a cruiser hard through twisties
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Standard.

Sv650 naked, FZ1, FZ6, Z1000, ect.

Sport touring bike of some sort

Adventure bike or dual sport

There's lots of options out there besides sport bikes and cruisers. If you have back problems I'd suggest standard or adventure bike.

You can hustle a cruiser too just be prepared to drag hard bits. I can move my dads 1900cc stratoliner up FM4 at a good clip but drag the floorboards a lot.

Sent from my iPhone
          2004 Suzuki DL650
          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
            Had it since I was 16. I want to rent one for a few days not for a demo ride.
            If I was in DFW I'd let you demo mine. It's a fun bike but you're not going to be blown away by it if you have spent a lot of time on modern sportbikes. It drags the pegs very nicely and has good torque down low but is pretty maxed out at 7k. Best brakes ever though on a Harley. I only bought it on a spur of the moment deal. I was in a dealer up in Salt Lake City and they had a new 2010 left over for $8995. I thought it was a good deal. Bought it and rode to Vegas where I keep it. I will tell you its got no wind protection. Up at freeway speeds it blows the shit out of you.

Comment

Im sorry. but that Ducati is effing amzing!

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post
                If I was in DFW I'd let you demo mine. It's a fun bike but you're not going to be blown away by it if you have spent a lot of time on modern sportbikes. It drags the pegs very nicely and has good torque down low but is pretty maxed out at 7k. Best brakes ever though on a Harley. I only bought it on a spur of the moment deal. I was in a dealer up in Salt Lake City and they had a new 2010 left over for $8995. I thought it was a good deal. Bought it and rode to Vegas where I keep it. I will tell you its got no wind protection. Up at freeway speeds it blows the shit out of you.
                Nothin a few mods couldn't fix . Small givi screen/fairing and it should be good. Add some hard luggage maybe too. Eh I'll have my FZ6 for a while. My FJR had 76k miles when I binned it. The FZ just passed 8k on my way back from NM

Sent from my iPhone
                2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I had been looking at them for awhile now as well. I know it'll be a huge difference in power from the FZ1, but I'm fine with that. I just like 'em. Longhorn Harley had some '10 models left over going for $7995, and sadly I didn't get one before they were sold. They don't seem to carry them new anymore since it's not a huge seller. Havent even seen a 1200X up there now.
                  HD Parts
                  paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                    I had been looking at them for awhile now as well. I know it'll be a huge difference in power from the FZ1, but I'm fine with that. I just like 'em. Longhorn Harley had some '10 models left over going for $7995, and sadly I didn't get one before they were sold. They don't seem to carry them new anymore since it's not a huge seller. Havent even seen a 1200X up there now.
                    Wow, $8k was just giving them away. Should have snatched one. I'm for sure Longhorn took w loss on that. It's hard to gauge the popularity because most dealers would only get one or two. They either already had them sold when they took delivery or sat on them. One thing for sure, they don't appeal to the typical Harley weekend warrior type who pulls there bike out to ride to the bar and shine the chrome.

Comment

Wow, $8k was just giving them away. Should have snatched one. I'm for sure Longhorn took w loss on that. It's hard to gauge the popularity because most dealers would only get one or two. They either already had them sold when they took delivery or sat on them. One thing for sure, they don't appeal to the typical Harley weekend warrior type who pulls there bike out to ride to the bar and shine the chrome.
                      I had to go look at what you boys were talking about. Kinda looks like an old Triumph mixed in with a new sporty. Not to bad but not sure I would drop 8k on one.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        I had to go look at what you boys were talking about. Kinda looks like an old Triumph mixed in with a new sporty. Not to bad but not sure I would drop 8k on one.
                        Your a Baller.......should be chump change for you

Comment

It's the closest thing Harley has to a sportbike now that Buell is gone. I like the fact it's kind of a Standard also.
                          2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I don't think it was an xr, but Tuesday evening I was puttin down 170 coming from horseshoe and I see this sportster all blacked out. Possibly a iron or nightster. I he close and it's all cafe'd out. Looked bad ass. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              Your a Baller.......should be chump change for you
                              If I was a baller we wouldnt have spent all fing day swapping rear ends. I would have paid someone else to do it.

I didnt say I wouldn't ride that thing. It looks like it would be fun to play around on.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                                I don't think it was an xr, but Tuesday evening I was puttin down 170 coming from horseshoe and I see this sportster all blacked out. Possibly a iron or nightster. I he close and it's all cafe'd out. Looked bad ass. End of story.
                                Have you been drinking today? WTF
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X