No announcement yet.

group sex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill get a route hashed out, we just need to find a date.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

How does a September 29th, ride to Hard 8 in Stephensville sound?

Leave Alverado McDonalds at 8am

Take 35W South to Hillsboro
      Take 22 West to Meridian
      Take 6 West to Hico
      Take 281 North to Stephensville (Hard 8 BBQ at the Intersection of 281/67)

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post

Take 22 West to Meridian
        Take 6 West to Hico
        sounds great, ill be in Houston.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          sounds great, ill be in Houston.
          Heck, I live in DC now, so I can't make it either. I just found it interesting there was almost a page of people talking about a group ride and not one suggestion thrown out....

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post

Take 22 West to Meridian
            Take 6 West to Hico
            You should run the route we did last time out that way when we had the two riders go down running FM203 from Walnut Springs. That was a fun road and ride other than the accident. Here's a link to the thread from the Canada board that has some pictures.

Man I miss having a bike

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
              @california, what part you coming from?
              Southern California/LA Area

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                summer riding is easy....it's those few very cold nights we have that suck.

riding season is year 'round. be thankful our winter is very mild here. i would hate to not be able to ride 4 months out of the year
                Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                Cold does suck out loud!

I've been considering looking into some good gloves, and maybe some cold weather riding pants. I hate cold, so my definition and yours probably vary, but I think with the right gear it could be bearable.
                I agree about the riding in cold weather. I have ridded in rain and in 100+ degree weather with gear on, and nothing is worse than riding in cold weather with wind chill. Sucks sucks sucks.

Have fun on the group ride and I'll join you guys soon.

Comment

So Jeremy, this going to happen?
                  Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

If this latest parts purchase gets my bike on the road, then I'll be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                      If this latest parts purchase gets my bike on the road, then I'll be down.
                      You still fighting it Robert?

Comment

I am down, I will be smoking you guys in the twisties in my miata tho
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          awe, now I gotta bring the fairmont...

Comment

You still fighting it Robert?
                            Fuck yeah.

However, after having gone through the carbs so many times I'm certain it's not there. I've gone back and fixed the cam timing issue, so it's not there. Double checked it, then triple checked it, and had a buddy check my checks.

I did fry my regulator/rectifier a few months ago and had to finish my ride home which nearly cooked my battery. I found on the Superhawk forum where guys who fried their R/R also had coil issues a few months down the road due to high voltage being thrown at the coils.

I also found one post in all of the internetz claiming the resistance values of the primary and secondary coils. My secondaries are high/past the spec depending on which coil. The bike runs decent until it's under load.

I'm guessing that with the tougher load that was placed on the already hurt coils that it finally broke it down to the point where I'm at now.

Ignition timing can't be changed without buying an aftermarket ignition box, which I do not have yet.

New coils are on the way, at which point I will measure the resistance and make a definitive post for the other Superhawk owners on that forum. There is a mod that will get rid of the archaic design of coil that it was designed with and puts a coil on plug setup in its place. However, I don't want to add any new variables to this so I bit the bullet and paid more money for stock replacement.

On the flipside, I'm now an expert at removing my carbs, tuning them, putting them back and riding in less than 20 minutes.

Comment

awe, now I gotta bring the fairmont...

you going to NASA ECR next month?
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                                If my bike is running right I'll see if I can keep up.

Comment

Working...
                                X