Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator REBOOT

The "Terminator" is coming back.

Paramount announced Thursday that it is rebooting the "Terminator" franchise and planning for a new trilogy of films, but it's keeping mum on whether Arnold Schwarzenegger would play a role.

Schwarzenegger starred as the title character in the original 1984 movie. It spawned a trilogy that earned more than $1 billion at the box office worldwide.

Paramount says it will release the new "Terminator" in July 2015.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz2XWiXNCEO

WHHHATT? why not go on with story?

Probably because the last movie fucking sucked balls. Plus, the money is in reboots these days, look at the pointless Spiderman reboot. I saw it in the theater and didn't think much of it, decided to give it another try and couldn't make it more than 30 minutes into it.

Comment

The story really had no where else to go. Not without taking into a whole new route with new characters and plots. Someone still needs to explain to me how the robots new to look for john connors dad in the last movie. Made no god damn since.

They can't make these movies any better than the first two.

Comment

I just watched T2 the other day and it still rocks your face off!
        Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Probably because the last movie fucking sucked balls. Plus, the money is in reboots these days, look at the pointless Spiderman reboot. I saw it in the theater and didn't think much of it, decided to give it another try and couldn't make it more than 30 minutes into it.

yep
          I watched the reboot of Total Recall and it sucked monkey balls. Haven't even watched the new Dredd reboot, but pretty sure it sucked donkey balls.

Comment

I refuse to see this movie, on principle.

Comment

why not just copy the movie and name it something else. that way thr name doesnt get ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                yep
                I watched the reboot of Total Recall and it sucked monkey balls. Haven't even watched the new Dredd reboot, but pretty sure it sucked donkey balls.
                I thought Dredd was pretty good for an action flick.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                  why not just copy the movie and name it something else. that way thr name doesnt get ruined.
                  They could call it, "this really isn't terminator, you guys."
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I read somewhere that Dwayne Johnson, the Rock, would play the Terminator and that Arnold would be in the movie as a cameo role or small supporting cast role.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm this one mentions Dwyane Johnson along with Schwarzenegger.

Paramount Pictures’ new Terminator film will actually be a reboot, not a sequel, according to press release that hit this afternoon. While we’ve heard hints about Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson possibly having a role, the release doesn’t confirm or deny it. The new release date is June 26, 2015.

It seems that Arnold Schwarzenegger will still be involved (as previously reported) as the “title character”, but that seems like an odd choice if they’re going for a hard reboot. Hopefully we get some clarification on that sooner rather than later. I kind of liked the idea of him being the guy who designed the original T-800 in his own image. The hope is to make TWO of these movies before the rights revert back to James Cameron.

The film is being produced by Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures as well as David Ellison’s Skydance Productions. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) are writing the script for the film. The hunt is on for a director.
                      Originally posted by talisman
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      Originally posted by AdamLX
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Because fuck you, that's why
                      Originally posted by 80coupe
                      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena
                      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                        yep
                        Dredd is awesome if you just wanna see a bunch of violence, which is exactly what I wanted to see at the time.

Spiderman reboot was better than I had expected and Total Recall should've just been called "Recall" and not have used the original character names. It was described as a reboot, but didn't follow the original story line closely enough to be called that IMO.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

the new dredd is actually alright,I enjoyed it, never could stand more than 5 minutes of the original, it was terrible.
                          satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

What's with this "reboot" term anyway? "Remake" doesn't cut it anymore?
                            Oh, and I wanted to see little John Connor in T2 along with Axle Rose be dunked into that fucking vat of molten metal when I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              What's with this "reboot" term anyway? "Remake" doesn't cut it anymore?
                              Oh, and I wanted to see little John Connor in T2 along with Axle Rose be dunked into that fucking vat of molten metal when I saw it.
                              Reboot I think means to take the base subject and alter the progression of the character arcs a bit.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                              X