Learned how to do a wheelie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learned how to do a wheelie...

Was playing around yesterday and was pulling the wheel about a foot or so just grabbing a handful of throttle in first.

On the way home I decided I would bounce first and see what happened. Holy hell, it went up quick! I want to say it was about a yard up in the front.

I think 347Mike just about had a heart attack!

I think i'll stay on two wheels from now on, too much risk

I remember my first wheelie, scared me and everyone around me lol

Comment

Naa, now that you have somewhat of an idea of how to do it....... you will be riding and think to yourself " what the heck " and before you know it, you will be riding controlled ones.
      Originally posted by mutherjuggz
      That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

My first whoolie turned into a 35mph tank slapper and I still love them. I'm working on circles now and playing with my throttle control, idle speed and tire press. I need a scrapeworks or similar sub, I 12 o'clocked it and busted up my tail pretty bad.
        Ded

Comment

nice! keep at it. roll some in the lot and make sure to keep your weight off the bars unless you like tank slappers.

Comment

LOL...

I can laugh now that you are still walking but you lifted a lot more than a foot. I saw the top of your helmet.... I laughed for a good 5-10minutes after I got over the fact you almost ate dirt.... rofl
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Soo, since my bike doesn't have a damper, should I be attempting any of this? Or should I invest in a damper?
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

If you dont do crazy power wheelies and let the wheel barely touch the ground you'll be fine without one. Its only when the tire skims the road does it want to go into the head shake.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
                  If you dont do crazy power wheelies and let the wheel barely touch the ground you'll be fine without one. Its only when the tire skims the road does it want to go into the head shake.
                  It would be a learning experience so I doubt my wheel will be doing any "barely touching the ground".

Comment

I remember my first wheelie, scared me and everyone around me lol
                    I'm pretty sure mine did the same!

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
                    Naa, now that you have somewhat of an idea of how to do it....... you will be riding and think to yourself " what the heck " and before you know it, you will be riding controlled ones.
                    I duno... i'm going to try to stay on one wheel lol. I can just now say that I know how to do it.

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                    My first whoolie turned into a 35mph tank slapper and I still love them. I'm working on circles now and playing with my throttle control, idle speed and tire press. I need a scrapeworks or similar sub, I 12 o'clocked it and busted up my tail pretty bad.
                    That's the thing right there, I need to really pay attention to speed, throttle, etc. I wasn't even paying attention to how fast I was going, what RPM I was in when I bounced it, or how much throttle I grabbed to lift it.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                      It would be a learning experience so I doubt my wheel will be doing any "barely touching the ground".
                      are you clutching it up?

Comment

are you clutching it up?
                        No clutch, just throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                          I'm pretty sure mine did the same!

I duno... i'm going to try to stay on one wheel lol. I can just now say that I know how to do it.

That's the thing right there, I need to really pay attention to speed, throttle, etc. I wasn't even paying attention to how fast I was going, what RPM I was in when I bounced it, or how much throttle I grabbed to lift it.
                          Don't you mean two wheels?

Comment

No clutch, just throttle.
                            that's when the tire is most likely to skim the pavement, as bob said. try clutching it up in first instead

Comment

Don't you mean two wheels?
                              Correct!

Comment

Working...
                              X