Learned how to do a wheelie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, I understood bouncing as...

Cruising at a certain rpm in 1st gear, then letting off the throttle, and quickly grabbing throttle. That's how I got the front up anyways..

Comment

1st to 2nd and be done with it

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
        So because I have no interest currently in balancing the bike I am a squid? I guess if I decided to not do wheelies at all and if just rode around what would that make me? Define good wheelie? I think it is personal preference.
        this is balance...Experienced Rider.

Long seat stander wheelie up 75 North in Dallas, TX. Footage is a bit shaky, but when you consider I was shooting blind, riding one handed chasing these guy...

Comment

step 2.
          learn rear brake

you'd think you would have learned that on the dirt bikes you looped out!

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
            this is balance...Experienced Rider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JtuJJJPJAs
            Yeah, maybe you missed the first 5 posts where I said I had no desire to do wheelies down the highway, or even "balance" the bike for that matter? I appreciate your advice but like I said, I have no temptation to do any of that. Yet, somehow, I am a squid who wants to ride conservatively with a wheelie here and there?
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
              Yeah, maybe you missed the first 5 posts where I said I had no desire to do wheelies down the highway, or even "balance" the bike for that matter? I appreciate your advice but like I said, I have no temptation to do any of that. Yet, somehow, I am a squid who wants to ride conservatively with a wheelie here and there?
              Not to argue much more, but if you had no desire to do so, why would you post up and ask for advice how to do so?

Comment

Your desire to push power wheelies is going to get you hurt A LOT quicker than learning to do it right from the beginning. I think that's what everyone here has been trying to tell you.

I say you leave both wheels on the ground and keep it in good shape until you sell it. Nothing worse than wrecking a bike you're trying to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
                  Not to argue much more, but if you had no desire to do so, why would you post up and ask for advice how to do so?
                  Curiousity? Educate myself in the event I get a bike in a few more months? Like JasonRR said, I am about to sell it. The last thing I am going to do is try and wreck before I do so.

I am not pushing anyones advice aside. I appreciate all of it but I have also done a lot of reading and everywhere I have gone has said to power wheelie first. Again, not pushing anyones advice away just trying to form my own opinion and get yours on what I have read.

You just telling me that clutch control gets you this (video of you balancing) is not going to persuade me any different. Its not because that is not what I want to learn.

Make sense?
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Clutching it up > ***

power whoolies are for squidbillies. You'll get laughed at by anyone who can actually ride..and you'll probably bust your ass on the pavement before you learn we're right in talking about how dangerous they are.

you can achieve the same thing in a much more controlled manner with teh clutch vs bouncing and grabbing a hand full of throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                      1st to 2nd and be done with it
                      shifting during a wheelie is only for super awesome elite whoolie masters.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                        Clutching it up > ***

power whoolies are for squidbillies. You'll get laughed at by anyone who can actually ride..and you'll probably bust your ass on the pavement before you learn we're right in talking about how dangerous they are.

you can achieve the same thing in a much more controlled manner with teh clutch vs bouncing and grabbing a hand full of throttle.
                        Sooo you're going to let me use your bike, right Kyle?

Comment

Sure, 2k rental fee, keep the bike when you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                            Sure, 2k rental fee, keep the bike when you're done.
                            Bah... No trust...

Comment

Plenty of trust, but no faith in your ability not to wreck when trying to wheelie

Comment

Just sayin that power wheelies are more dangerous than clutch wheelies. A clutch wheelie is just more consistent and predictable, period.

If you asked 10 people that have looped wheelies if they were clutching vs powering it up, and I promise you 8 of them will say that they were "just doin power wheelies".

It's a little bit to get used to, but go out and just practice in 2nd, raising rpms 1k at a timen and just go at your own pace. You'll surprise yourself when you find out how easy it is. Adding even a light tug on the bars makes a surprising difference too. Try clutching @ 8k or so without, and then with a tug and you'll see what I mean.

Have fun, but don't wreck it.

Comment

Working...
                                X