No announcement yet.

supercross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir. Solid racing thus far. Was hoping Harmon/645 would have qualified for the 250 main. My FIL sponsors him. Good kid, he was really encouraging to my son at one of the local arena crosses.

Not really missing RV2 or JS7 at this point.

Comment

Yep. Just hard to watch with the giant leaderboard covering 1/4 of the left side of the screen.

Racing was good but without a few top guys, it seemed a little less exciting. I was never a big RV2 fan. It was just exciting to see if someone could challenge him or watch RV2 come through the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Yes sir. Solid racing thus far. Was hoping Harmon/645 would have qualified for the 250 main. My FIL sponsors him. Good kid, he was really encouraging to my son at one of the local arena crosses.

Not really missing RV2 or JS7 at this point.
        I'll have to keep an eye out for him next race.
        I agree on not missing RV2 or JS7. I wasn't surprised to see Roczen run away with it either. Canard made a hell of a run to get on the podium as well.

Comment

it is cool to see local people try to qualify. flip side is it sucks when you see local people that are fast as shit, and you know they are fast as shit, just not cut it on a sx track.

racing was kind of vanilla in my opinion. i agree with rc about the ninety degree turns. track was just plain and nothing really separates the elite. i mean where were the lappers? or is everyone head and shoulders above last year.

i just want tomac to get it together and handle up. he is a manimal and i want him to win. still think red will hold the plate at the end. though roczen looked way more solid than i thought he would. the yellow bike does suit him.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
            it is cool to see local people try to qualify. flip side is it sucks when you see local people that are fast as shit, and you know they are fast as shit, just not cut it on a sx track.

racing was kind of vanilla in my opinion. i agree with rc about the ninety degree turns. track was just plain and nothing really separates the elite. i mean where were the lappers? or is everyone head and shoulders above last year.

i just want tomac to get it together and handle up. he is a manimal and i want him to win. still think red will hold the plate at the end. though roczen looked way more solid than i thought he would. the yellow bike does suit him.
            He ran ~14th in heat 1 and finished 8th in the LCQ. Didn't make the main, but is on a factory Yamaha, so keep your eyes open for him.

Comment

cool. did not even notice he made the night show.

Comment

Not sure which rider you guys are speaking of but I hate it when the riders give up. I mean wtf you work and train so hard to qualify to even race a pro main and then just cruise after that? Never understood how you could get better if your not tryin

Comment

money. more so the minimal difference.

Comment

I think the overall season champ only gets $100,000. The sponsorships and salary more than make up for it.

Comment

all i know is that Bagget needs to step up or give up that #4 plate lol
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

i was more so getting at the lappers and why they just start rolling the track. the money for the last riders is not too different.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                          i was more so getting at the lappers and why they just start rolling the track. the money for the last riders is not too different.
                          Well you did bring a good argument to the subject as I didn't realize the purses were so close but as a racer and super competitive nature I still cant believe how they just give up. Big thing here is sponsorship as those purse are nice but not going to go far in the racing world and the name of the game is sponsors and winning.

Comment

The purse is not really what a rider at that level is after. Sure it pays for a little bit of the fuel and hotels along the way. But the average privateer spends money to go racing. They sure don't "make money" racing. They are racing for a chance at better equipment, better opportunities and to make a place in the sport for themselves. If they start rolling the track there is no way a "big" team is going to give them a shot. Those teams want riders that are going to give it everything, every lap as long as their body can take it.

Comment

after a brief delay, the tomac train pulls from the station.

hope he stays healthy.

Comment

My wife surprised me today, she asked "for Valentines Day can we go to the Supercross"? Hell yeah, tickets and pit passes bought before she changes her mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X