Title for used ATV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title for used ATV

Anyone ever tried to get a title for a used ATV from the DMV? Bought a 99 from my unncle (who thinks they are titled in Texas), who bought it from his buddy however long ago, and I have no idea how many times it changed hands as with a lot of things that are 17 years old. I will only be taking from my house to the deer lease, no public lands, so I won't need a title to get one of those stickers, but would be nice to have. Seems about half the people I have ever talked to are under the assumption ATVs aren't titled. Anyone else ever bother with them, or just don't worry about it?
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    Anyone ever tried to get a title for a used ATV from the DMV? Bought a 99 from my unncle (who thinks they are titled in Texas), who bought it from his buddy however long ago, and I have no idea how many times it changed hands as with a lot of things that are 17 years old. I will only be taking from my house to the deer lease, no public lands, so I won't need a title to get one of those stickers, but would be nice to have. Seems about half the people I have ever talked to are under the assumption ATVs aren't titled. Anyone else ever bother with them, or just don't worry about it?
    A lot of them are just sold with a MSO or whatever. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Out of all the dirtbikes and atv's I've ever owned only 1 was titled because I bought it from a stealership

Comment

If it has a VIN I'd make sure it's not stolen. ATVs are issued titles in Texas but they aren't registered/tagged. The OHV sticker is just a tax, I don't even think you turn anything back in.

Comment

Working...
        X