Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intense LVMPD body-cam footage of police chase and shootout

gets good at the 3 minute mark

In bodycam footage so stunning it could be mistaken for a Hollywood action flick, a Las Vegas Metro police officer chasing two men in an SUV is seen speeding through Sin City's downtown while simultaneously shooting out his car's front windshield and trading shots from his side window during a deadly gun battle.

The two suspects allegedly fled after a July 11 traffic stop conducted by cops investigating the murder of a man near a car wash, FOX5 Vegas reported.

The suspects traded more than 60 shots with police during the harrowing pursuit. The officer behind the wheel, William Umana, can be heard on video yelling “shots fired” multiple times. The chase ended when the suspects crashed into the wall of an elementary school.

Rene Nunez, 30, got out of the vehicle and tried to run upstairs into the school, but the door was locked, Las Vegas Metro police Assistant Sheriff Tim Kelly said.

Fidel Miranda, 23, moved toward the passenger seat of the SUV and started to move it back toward the officer’s cruiser. Police fired on Miranda and he later died at the scene. Nunez, who was also wounded, was arrested and is facing several felony charges, including murder, police said.
    Last edited by scootro; 07-17-2018, 06:30 PM.

Chief after action:
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Did he reload and then empty his magazine in to the Expedition? I counted 13 shots. Hope he had another magazine on his person, otherwise he was taking up a defensive position with a paperweight.
      Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
        Did he reload and then empty his magazine in to the Expedition? I counted 13 shots. Hope he had another magazine on his person, otherwise he was taking up a defensive position with a paperweight.
        prob had 3 on him. 2 on duty belt and one in his gun

Comment

Harrowing. I have been close to that situation. Brings back tough memories.
          Edit,mine was dispatched as "man drove into Walmrt, his car is on fire and he has a gun" I was 10.miles away, loading my ar15 on the way there. 128mph is the top speed of a cop crown vic
          Last edited by BradM; 07-17-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Edit,mine was dispatched as "man drove into Walmrt, his car is on fire and he has a gun" I was 10.miles away, loading my ar15 on the way there. 128mph is the top speed of a cop crown vic
            128mph is gotta be scary in the shitty suspension crown vic

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Intake ever crack leaking coolant everywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                prob had 3 on him. 2 on duty belt and one in his gun
                I'd imagine he also had a backup weapon in an ankle holster. Not to mention the dozen or so other units that showed up after the SUV hit the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  Been there, done that and it sucks! 140+ in a Tahoe was actually not too bad though!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    I'd imagine he also had a backup weapon in an ankle holster. Not to mention the dozen or so other units that showed up after the SUV hit the wall.
                    Cop friend of mine brought up the fact that he remembered to change out mags before getting out of the car which is extremely impressive under duress.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      Intake ever crack leaking coolant everywhere?
                      It's funny, I'm looking at a photo of a PPV Tahoe right now with a massive coolant leak at the FWPD training center. They still have some Crown Vics on the training fleet but are slowly switching to Chargers. I can't imagine how well those are going to hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        They were not too bad. I can't remember how many times we ran code from one end of Lancaster to another. Worst thing I ever did was cough with Copenhagen in my mouth at 80-100 going down Pleasant Run. It pulled a little nugget into my throat and I started throwing up my whataburger. Door open, code three, vomit going down the car, hoping there wasn't a mailbox.

When Ford first came out with the Expedition, holy shit the laughs we had while the good LT tried to keep up with our chases. He would talk shit over the air about it. We called it the Turtle. The first Tahoes were awful also. The new Explorers are decent.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Damn, that was intense.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            Most guys I know carry two to three extra mags on the belt and maybe some in the door. That's a good bit of ammo. Not to mention the AR's and Shotguns.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I know that officer is going to have tinnitus in both ears after that! I did see him roll the windows down, so that should help a little.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X