No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got quite a bit done on the mellow yellow fantasy build over the weekend. I ended up having to pick up an aftermarket decal set as what I had was old and not playing well. I decided to pick up the Kyle Larsen throw back set, s it was brighter than the originals. I'm pretty well making up decal placement as I go, using what fits, avoiding anything that will take a ton of work, and strategically hiding blemishes.

I typicall clear over decals for longevity, however, the clear on this thing came out pretty damn good, so I may skip that altogether to save some time. The chassis is about 85% complete as well. I have 4 days to compmete this and my coca cola NASCAR build if I want yo enter them in the Showdown.

Anyone not doing anything Satrday and wanting to check out some nerdy stuff, we will be at the Dr. Pepper star center in Frisco.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Finishing details and cleaning up contest builds for Saturday! If you are on Facebook, keep an eye on my Lonestar Modelworks page for full pictures!

Comment

• Ol' Mellow Yellow coming along. Wheels and tires are decaled and detailed. They came from the Revell C5R kit. They will require some adapters to fit right.

Comment

• This thing is starting to look like something! Finally sitting on all 4's with the body attached.....kind of. One of the wheels shattered while I was making the adapters. So, I had to break out a spare. I primed it tonight, I will paint and clear it tomorrow.

The windows are the biggest item left to take care of. It will take some time to mask them off and paint the black. As it comes together, I will probably add some miscellaneous decals to hide blemishes and liven it up.

Comment

• Well, I'm ready for the showdown, and bed, before midnight! This is everything I have built in about the last year. 10 total. Unfortunately, due to some assembly issues, Mello Yello will be on the curbside table. (Chassis and engine detail not considered, hood is glued shut)

Display bases made, rescue box packed, cleaning supplies on point!

If you haopen to be around the Dr. Pepper Star Center in Farmers Branch to.orrow, stop by and say hello!

Comment

• Had a pretty good day at the showdown! The Lamborghini won its class. Several more placed. The 1/12th GT500 seemed to draw a lot of attention. I also won a apecial award for Best Ford with my Thunderbolt. It was far from the nicest Ford build there. They give it in honor of a club member who passed away. A build that they know he would have gravitated towards and loved.

Comment

• Congrays sir, lots of nice awards

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                  Congrays sir, lots of nice awards
                  Thanks! There was a lot more competition this year!

Comment

• Is anyone interested in either of these 2 cars?

Comment

• Gotta love Facebook. It seems the model car world is full of cock rags like this. I see it all of the time. Guys who can't offer constructive criticism and just criticize. Then they wonder why the hobby doesn't appeal to a younger generation. So, I politely told this guy where to shove his assessment of my lack of knowledge. No need to go trolling him. I feel I put him in his place!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by black2002ls; 03-18-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• HA, I was in a model building forum years ago. The BS and stuff led me to not only leaving, but requesting to the admin to scrub my account so I was sure they knew I'd never be back. I've never got why some people find the need to attack people that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                          HA, I was in a model building forum years ago. The BS and stuff led me to not only leaving, but requesting to the admin to scrub my account so I was sure they knew I'd never be back. I've never got why some people find the need to attack people that way.
                          It gets better!! Lol. Most people do it because their skills and ability aren't as good as others. So, instead of applying what others have told them, or tried to help them with, to get better, they project that onto others to try and tear them down. He is apparently a member of ACME, or at least that is the only other model group on FB that he is a member of, and a lot of those guys have a reputation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Millennial's are dumb and lazy as shit. Sucks I'm compared to them because of the age bracket. So don't waste your time with them.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                              Millennial's are dumb and lazy as shit. Sucks I'm compared to them because of the age bracket. So don't waste your time with them.
                              Lol what?

Do you know how old OP is?

Comment

• Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                                Millennial's are dumb and lazy as shit. Sucks I'm compared to them because of the age bracket. So don't waste your time with them.
                                I think Mr. Barrett is an old guy. At least, that was the notion I got from creeping his FB account.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Lol what?

Do you know how old OP is?
                                I think he may be referring to the dumb ass that tried to put me down.

Comment

Working...
                                X