swirl marks on black car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swirl marks on black car...

I tried some turtle wax and a soft feather like drill attachment for waxing. The back half of my car has those awesome swirls. I usually wax my cars by hand but thought I'd try this. How do I remove them?
    Last edited by Tannerm; 04-16-2014, 12:07 PM. Reason: fucking galaxy keyboard...

I have no idea what you said here. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

I speak Tanner. He said that he attempted to wax his car with a buffing attachment and now he has so many swirl marks that he can't maintain a lasting erection because it's all he thinks about. He is probably looking to see if anyone had buffing/polishing tips.
      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
        I speak Tanner. He said that he attempted to wax his car with a buffing attachment and now he has so many swirl marks that he can't maintain a lasting erection because it's all he thinks about. He is probably looking to see if anyone had buffing/polishing tips.
        just the tips.

jesus fuck tannerm, lol what the hell were you doing when you made this thread?
        I 7 zed some turtle wax and a set feather like drill attachment for waxing. The back half of my car have those awesome swirls.

Comment

^lol
          Last edited by VaderTT; 04-16-2014, 10:54 AM.
          Ded

Comment

Getting out swirls in black by hand is very difficult. Your best bet is to start with a dual
            Action polisher and some cutting compound like m105 or m101 followed up by m205 and some wax. Where are you located at? I'd be happy to look at it if you're not too far away.
            Scott Ganow
            Lone Star Performance
            16300 Midway Rd
            Addison, TX 75001
            214-630-5006

Comment

Fuck me. That was horrendous... my brain and thumbs were not in sync. Roliath, you don't know what I 7 zed means?! Lol I was posting real quick while my dad was hooking son into car seat. Going to see wife.

Anywho I tried to clean it up. Next time I'll proof before posting. 00KBGT, I'm currently in flower mound with my son at my parents while my wife is in the hospital. But I live in Keller.
              Last edited by Tannerm; 04-16-2014, 12:28 PM.

Comment

80 grit sandpaper does wonders.. .
                Last edited by Scott Mc; 04-16-2014, 12:46 PM.

Comment

You need to get your hands on a rotary.
                  A dual action polisher will 9/10 leaving micromarring in the form of little tick marks. The swirls will be levelled, but the ticks will remain.

With proper finishing using a rotary @ 800RPM, you can leave a 99% defect free finish. As I have not always to finish down 100% (some paint just wont), 3M's ultra finishing polish works very with with most finishes.

Comment

Yes, you can get a perfect finish with a rotary but putting out a blanket statement of 800RPM with rotary isn't true. Every car's paint is different. The vast majority of detailer's finish a car with a dual action polisher because it is far more difficult to finish a car with a rotary.

Comment

Good advise ^^^.
                      1997 viper gts
                      1986 turbo mustang
                      1987 Buick grand national
                      1972 nova

Comment

Originally posted by Counterfiend View Post
                        Yes, you can get a perfect finish with a rotary but putting out a blanket statement of 800RPM with rotary isn't true. Every car's paint is different. The vast majority of detailer's finish a car with a dual action polisher because it is far more difficult to finish a car with a rotary.
                        From working with big name detailers, and experience, that using you final polish at 1400-1600 or so rpm for a few passes, the going down to 800-1000 for the jeweling step will increase the paintworks appearance.

When I first began doing paint correction, I would bust out the rotary, get frustrated and then hit the d/a. I only use the d/a for applying sealants etc. now.
                        Detailing by Dylan
                        817-494-3396
                        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Still can't use blanket statements like that. I can and have finished with both methods. But I can tell you from experience finishing rotary isn't for every car. Especially with the new machines with the larger rotation. This helps reduce the introduction of tick marks and easier to finish that way

Comment

Originally posted by Counterfiend View Post
                            Still can't use blanket statements like that. I can and have finished with both methods. But I can tell you from experience finishing rotary isn't for every car. Especially with the new machines with the larger rotation. This helps reduce the introduction of tick marks and easier to finish that way

I don't know what you are trying to get at, I did not say the ONLY way to finish down is by going at 800. I said that if you use proper technique, and finish at 800, you shouldn't have an issue. I have polished hundreds of cars and have never once had an issue finishing at 800 RPM. You can finish at 2000 if that is what your heart desires.

Are you referring to the Flex 3401 vs a PC?
                            Detailing by Dylan
                            817-494-3396
                            Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                            Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Rupes Bigfoot 15 or 21 are the machines i'm referring to. Can and have removed 1500 wet sanding and finished out with that machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X