No announcement yet.

Looking at a buffer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the lake county stuff is what I was looking at and it was not their flat pads...

Comment

Most detailers certainly prefer the flat over LC's ccs design.e even their Hyde tech pads are much better. The CCS pads are more difficult, especially on curved panels, to control and they do wear out much faster.

If you are using a DAT compound or polish, the CCS pads will continue to release the medium during the buffing cycle and not allow for a proper cycle. They are unbearable on a rotary IME, somewhat bearable on a D/A. Keep in mind this is just my experience, others may differ, not an absolute.

Either way, you are more than welcome to come over to my place and try out the d/a and rotary if you are up to it, of course on your own paint
      Last edited by Dlachance; 02-14-2015, 11:21 PM.
      Detailing by Dylan
      817-494-3396
      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Lol, I want to try the rotory on your paint!

Comment

I've used both the ccs pads and the flat pads from lake country. Definitely like the flat Better.

The most important thing is to prime your pads before you get started. Massage the product into the pad a little with your fingers so the product applies more evenly and eliminates dry spots in the pad.
          Scott Ganow
          Lone Star Performance
          16300 Midway Rd
          Addison, TX 75001
          214-630-5006

Comment

I've been all over the Meguiars MF pads. Rarely do they not do the job for me. Cut amazing, easy to clean, finish well.
            www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

+1 00kbgt, I spray a mist of ONR diluted to the QD level at the beginning of a cycle as well especially when using compounds that flash quick like M105 and perfect it.

Counterfiend- have you tried the Optimum pads? They have lasted me longer IME. It's great using less product with them, but not all paint is the same.
              Detailing by Dylan
              817-494-3396
              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Haven't found paint yet that doesn't react well to the MF pads. I rarely use foam for correction and typically that is single stage with heavy oxidation.
                www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

I've only used ccs pads with my da. This thread has me thinking about ordering the flat pads.
                  1997 viper gts
                  1986 turbo mustang
                  1987 Buick grand national
                  1972 nova

Comment

Mark- Not sure where you live, but you and anyone else are welcome to come over and use our stuff if you're considering getting supplies you haven't used before.

Dylan
                    Detailing by Dylan
                    817-494-3396
                    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X