Got something in leather seats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got something in leather seats...

There is an unknown substance on my wife's leather seat in her Acura TL. It's clear and solid, so I'm assuming it's glue of some sort. It's an area approximately the size of a baseball on the front passenger seat, right in the middle. No idea how it got there. Any options for trying to remove this that won't damage the leather? Thanks in advance.

Any pictures?

You will need nail polish remover with acetone, or straight acetone. Apply it to the top of the glue, but don't soak the leather with it. You'll also need a plastic razor blade or knife to slowly pull away the glue. Goof off is oil based and may also work. No matter what you do, you do run a chance of damaging the leather, even as it is already damaged.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Try orange oil; I've used it before on leather furniture and it worked for us...

Comment

I'm not sure I would risk acetone of any type anywhere near leather.

I've gotten gum off of leather with ice, like a few cubes from your fridge should work, you try and freeze whatever it is to get it to come off. Goof off might work, but I would try it on piece of the leather that can't be seen...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

They make a freeze spray for removing chewing gum, might try that?

Comment

Leatherseats.com.

Comment

Nissan Maxima with leather seats.

I once cleaned the area under a child's car seat. It was a four door vehicle so we had never removed the car seat till my son reached the proper age. It had a couple of quarter sized spots from hard candy stains like Jolly Rancher type treats, etc..

I used a Computer air can turned upside down so it released the cold gas. I would blast a corner of the spot for 15-30 seconds to freeze it. Then try to slowly peel away with a finger nail or a plastic putty blade.

If the spot is semi solid you might can work the area around it with your fingers to crack or stress the spot to possible break it into smaller easier to remove pieces.

Comment

surprised this thread hasn't turned into something bad

Comment

Who has she been ridingwith
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I tell everyone that there is "glue" in the pages of my southern living mags
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Sorry about that...

Comment

I though vinegar cleaned semen stains...

Or is that blood?

Normally it's a combination of the two!! Amiright!?!?
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                        X