FireTV out of memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireTV out of memory

For the past month or so I've been getting the error "Critically Low on Storage".

I don't have much installed on my FireTV, just the usual stuff; Kodi, Netflix, YouTube, VLC, EX Explorer. I've had this stuff installed for months and no issues until just recently. I've tried clearing/purging Cache and other stuff from Kodi that I've done regularly but now it's not making a difference.

Any ideas on what I can try next? The little bit of Google searching I've done is suggesting installing Clean Master but I'm not showing it's available anymore in the Amazon App Store. Suggestions?

do this

Next I'd ask if you actually use all of that stuff regularly. If not, uninstall what you don't need and that will be the end of the warning message.
    WH

Comment

I wipe mine every few months and install what I need.. they’re super easy to program. Side loading everything is no problem. Once you wipe and turn on “allow apps from unknown sources” in developer options, download es Explorer and create a new favorite https://gary3dfxtech.net and then open it and then select apk and then download and install whatever you want right from there instead of having to hunt for everything
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

maybe there's some sort of temp cache or something you could clear somewhere.

Comment

Ya the only thing I've done is clear the cache for Kodi within Fire TV > Manage Applications and also clearing the three items within Kodi (can't remember what exactly it's called). A couple or so years ago I had this problem and after numerous tries of doing this it eventually cleared up.

Not really sure how to reload Kodi as I bought it this way but I'll have to start looking into it.

Comment

Also try clearing data on the amazon applications.. amazon music, amazon photos, App Store, prime video etc.. delete everything you don’t use.. and go through every app on your stick and do a force stop/clear cache (not clear data unless you wanna reset the app to factory) on every app.. it goes faster than it sounds.. if you’ve never done that, that will most likely fix it
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Also try clearing data on the amazon applications.. amazon music, amazon photos, App Store, prime video etc.. delete everything you don’t use.. and go through every app on your stick and do a force stop/clear cache (not clear data unless you wanna reset the app to factory) on every app.. it goes faster than it sounds.. if you’ve never done that, that will most likely fix it
              Thank, I didn't think about. I had the Plex App installed but I've never used it. I removed it but still short on room but no idea yet how much space I gained.

Comment

Working...
              X