Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ festivals, competitions. List them here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ festivals, competitions. List them here!

I just found this one today: http://reddirtbbqfest.com/bbq/
    Looks like a good one.

I compete in Bacon Bash Texas every year (October) down in Cranfils Gap, it's a great time!

Bacon Bash Texas: bringing together the community to support charities with eats & drinks, bands, a live auction, and, of course, bacon!

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      I just found this one today: http://reddirtbbqfest.com/bbq/
      Looks like a good one.
      This is a good one. I generally go every year and get VIP tickets. This year the music lineup is not so great so I might skip it.
      It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

https://www.bedfordbluesfest.com/

It's a blues and BBQ festival. As far as BBQ goes you get samples at each vendor, so its not an all out BBQ tasting like some of the others are, but its cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          I compete in Bacon Bash Texas every year (October) down in Cranfils Gap, it's a great time!

Bacon Bash Texas: bringing together the community to support charities with eats & drinks, bands, a live auction, and, of course, bacon!

hit me up, we might be able to conglomerate.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            hit me up, we might be able to conglomerate.
            You want to field a team or see about joining mine? We took 5th out of 30 last year and made the top 10 the year before. If you want to join my team I need to talk to my buddy Mischa as he's the team lead to see what the cost for another member will be.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              You want to field a team or see about joining mine? We took 5th out of 30 last year and made the top 10 the year before. If you want to join my team I need to talk to my buddy Mischa as he's the team lead to see what the cost for another member will be.
              Ive never done it or been, but I have a giant smoker/grill trailer. It would be a conversation to have with Christian as to what/how we would want to go about it.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That's one thing we used to have access to but no longer do (a trailer smoker) so last year we got a uhaul trailer and loaded up a big ass smoker on it. It worked well, but was a PITA to get there and back. I'll have some time to talk tomorrow if you want to give me a call and I can fill you in on it.

Stevo

Comment

We will probably do these ones this year.

Cotton Fest - Lubbock, TX. The biggest BYOB country music festival in west Texas. 3 days of music, camping, cook outs, golf scramble and more.

List of all IBCA cooks in Texas

Comment

Anyone want to add dates and places?

Comment

Working...
                    X