This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Brent, after the aging process, can you hard freeze it so that it will keep longer, or does it have to be used by 7 weeks?
    I'm sure it would be fine, vac sealed, but you'd lose some quality/flavor. I've never done it though, and honestly, I wouldn't. Seems to me you'd be defeating the purpose.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Alright.

Comment

No matter what you do, dont go from fridge to grill ever. Let the meat come up to room temp.

Comment

How to cut down a Subprimal for NY strip

Comment

Ribeye primal. Its not hard, just cut.

Not too sure about his little trick with the garlic n lime, but i might try it to see.

Comment

Does anybody here work for the railroad? What about cops, how do you guys feel about cops?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                Does anybody here work for the railroad? What about cops, how do you guys feel about cops?
                Here he is ladies and gentlemen, the poster child for aging meat!
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Ok, so I cut up the primals I got from hines last night. How did you guys prep the loin primal? How much of the fat cap are you supposed to trim off?

Comment

Just cut up a strip loin.... not bad for $20, it yielded 9 thick strips, 12oz each + 1.5lb of stew meat.

Sat in the bottom of the fridge for ~4 weeks and came out looking great.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      Just cut up a strip loin.... not bad for $20, it yielded 9 thick strips, 12oz each + 1.5lb of stew meat.

Sat in the bottom of the fridge for ~4 weeks and came out looking great.
                      Fucking nice, man. They have to sit a minimum of 4 weeks, I left a primal ribeye for 6 weeks and I must tell you, they were the best I have ever had and I've had them all.
                      I also cut one up (my first) without letting them age and you can tell a difference. Not that ribeyes are not flavorful and tender, but you can tell a huge difference.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Lol I just noticed the tags

Comment

Working...
                        X