This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    Yeah, still have it. What is your first name?
    Daniel . It's been years since I met you I just have a photographic memory and can remember faces from grade school .

Comment

I believe when I met you I may have had my silver 91 hatch with draglites an a Mach one Hood

Comment

Yeah man, I remember you! Cool, not a lot of us Sherman area people on here. I'm sure I will meet you again soon, with or with out beef involved.

Comment

One more day still hve them

Comment

I can do the tenderloin. I can get off at 6pm today. Let me know a time after that and I can swing up there after work.

Comment

I got one from Jedi a while back, that he got from you, and have yet to defrost it.

I did however eat a steak from the ones bcoop had, and it was a mighty fine Ribeye.

Comment

Can I just cut these up and freeze them, or do I need to age them? Meat noobie.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                  Can I just cut these up and freeze them, or do I need to age them? Meat noobie.LOL
                  And to add to that......how exactly do you age them?

Comment

Ok so I don't want to chime in here to much as there is alot of different opinions when it comes to aging meat . Some say leaving it in a freezer longer helps while others argue it stops the aging process. Some say to age properly you must keep at an optimal temp and never frozen like our meat coolers. Most of the meat I give out will already be aged a week or so . Now.. Does it taste different . I guess it's really up to the person . If I have misspelled or made no sense I'm sorry I'm typing on my iPhone

Comment

Rafa I can answer any questions you have In person if that helps When you pick them up

Comment

Originally posted by Hines57 View Post
                        Rafa I can answer any questions you have In person if that helps When you pick them up

Cool man..thanks

Comment

That's a loaded question. When you pick them up they will be refrigerated (not frozen), and cryovac'd. At the very least, you need to let it age in the cryovac for a MINIMUM of 21 days.

Beyond that, there is two ways to age. Wet age, and dry age, and they are two different processes to do so. This is to be done in addition to aging in the cryovac. I'll post up some good links on the processes later. Most will find it difficult to wet or dry age properly at home, but for the nuts like me, you'll find a way to make it work.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            That's a loaded question. When you pick them up they will be refrigerated (not frozen), and cryovac'd. At the very least, you need to let it age in the cryovac for a MINIMUM of 21 days.

Beyond that, there is two ways to age. Wet age, and dry age, and they are two different processes to do so. This is to be done in addition to aging in the cryovac. I'll post up some good links on the processes later. Most will find it difficult to wet or dry age properly at home, but for the nuts like me, you'll find a way to make it work.
                            I couldn't have said that better.

Comment

Ok, so what you let it sit on your counter for 21days? I have no idea about this aging thing.... and Im wanting to buy some of hines' meat so I'll need to know what to do.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

That shit don't rot??
                                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                                X