Smoking, anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    They leak like the Titanic and don't maintain temp well. At all. But they definitely work.
    Oh I know. I just got really used to using my roommate's a few years ago, so I'm kind of partial to them.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      They leak like the Titanic and don't maintain temp well. At all. But they definitely work.
      Fill the water bowl with sand and they hold temp better
      Last edited by Baron Von Crowder; 01-21-2013, 01:31 PM.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Comment

Man, my brisket turned out great for my first time. The ribs did too, I got baby backs, but I wanted just spare pork, but Sams didn't have them. Thanks to the Silverback, Rafa for the tips.

It was a PITA babysitting the fire every hour, but well worth it.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I've got a older charbroil offset and it works well. I looked at a new one and I would bet the metal is almost half as thick.

I've got a egg and I smoked a turkey breast to perfection on thanksgiving. I never opened the lid and the temp never moved off of 250.

Comment

I stopped by walmart tonight on the way home and they had grills and smokers out. The smokers are $168 but very thin walled metal. I'm gonna shop around some before I buy but I might start with that one and just be chained to the fire all day... we'll see.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                I stopped by walmart tonight on the way home and they had grills and smokers out. The smokers are $168 but very thin walled metal. I'm gonna shop around some before I buy but I might start with that one and just be chained to the fire all day... we'll see.
                My smoker is small so i did have to babysit the fire, but it was well worth the wait. Every 30-40 min. I had to add wood, it was really breezy and cold yesterday so it was going through wood like crazy. I bought a bag of hickory and I went through all of it. Hopefully during the summer it wont be as windy and the outside heat will make the fire last longer.
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Did you soak the wood overnight? Pics?

Comment

I love my WSM.. i know it's a vertical but at least it's not an oven!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Did you soak the wood overnight? Pics?
                      Nah, should I have done this and the wood was from home depot, big bag of Hardwood. They had mesquite and apple, but the apple was high as giraffe pussy so I stuck with hardwood. I tasted Rafas ribs with hardwood and they rocked. I guess i'll try and do that next time.

Comment

I sent Rafa a pic, well HP did. I'll have HP send them to me and Ill post them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          I tasted Rafas ribs with hardwood and they rocked.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Nah, should I have done this and the wood was from home depot, big bag of Hardwood. They had mesquite and apple, but the apple was high as giraffe pussy so I stuck with hardwood. I tasted Rafas ribs with hardwood and they rocked. I guess i'll try and do that next time.
                            It helps to make the wood last longer because it doesn't burn as fast. Some people do it, some people don't.

Comment

So at the store tonight I picked up a whole chicken and I already have it in a Brine overnight. I'm gonna smoke it tomorrow for dinner, but I'm trying to figure out how long to expect it to take. The package said it was 7 lbs, and it's a pretty decent sized bird, but I guess I just need to know what the consensus is on how hot and for how long. I'll figure out a rub in the morning, I never plan that shit out and I just start throwing stuff together.
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Cook it to temp not a certain amount of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X