Smoking, anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
    He posted at 11:25 this morning. How much more notice do you need??
    All of it! We aren't really friends, so I'm just giving him a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      All of it! We aren't really friends, so I'm just giving him a hard time.
      WTF? We ARE'NT really friends?

I thought last night meant as much to you as it did to me? fuck man shit!!!!

Seriously though, I'll do a GTG or something after I know I'm decent enough at this. This was my 2nd attempt and while it was fucking awesome, I still need some practice so I'm comfortable given how much I had to watch over it.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        here's the pork belly and a pork loin on the smoker from this weekend, that Brent was talking about.

This is what the pork belly ended up looking like the next day, glazed and grilled.

Finally, Pork Belly tacos and Asian tablitas (deep fried)

Damn, you two should open up a restaurant. That looks delicious.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

While that DOES look ridiculously good... I don't think it's smart business to open a restaurant based on the looks of your food. I don't doubt it's killer, I just don't think you'll get a small business loan (assuming you need/want one) based on the looks of your food.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
            Damn, you two should open up a restaurant. That looks delicious.
            It's going to happen eventually. Matt just got accepted in to his Masters program, and I'm far too busy right now to spend any time on anything else. But we will get there soon enough.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I smoked an 18lbs brisket for nearly 20 hrs the other day. I marinated it in a pre-mixed marinade for beef for two days, lathered it in mustard before putting it on the smoker and let it do it's thing. I put it fat bottom up for the first 8 or 9 hrs then flipped it. It was like Jesus himself blessed it.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I've got an 8 pound pork butt chillin in the fridge with the dry rub on it. Tomorrow should yield some tender smoky goodness.

Comment

I've got some taters on with some chicken and a steak.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                    I smoked an 18lbs brisket for nearly 20 hrs the other day. I marinated it in a pre-mixed marinade for beef for two days, lathered it in mustard before putting it on the smoker and let it do it's thing. I put it fat bottom up for the first 8 or 9 hrs then flipped it. It was like Jesus himself blessed it.
                    And no pictures??

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      And no pictures??
                      Jose wants pics of your meat.

Comment

• Did a turkey yesterday on the Traeger.

Rather than brining, I salted. I didn't wash off the salt before cooking, but I did brush it off.

On the smoker

Resting

Son going at it caveman style

It was salty near the skin (like oversalted, I should have rinsed it). It was a bit drier than brining (I also didn't salt as long)... but the texture of the meat was better - firmer, not quite as spongy.

Comment

• Smoking, anything?

Didn't get too crazy, but decided to throw some sausage links and chicken wings on tonight. A little pecan and apple wood to fuel the smoker.

Comment

• i wish i were smoking "something." but i'm not drunk enough to make a bad decision....yet.

Comment

• Nice looking sausage there bro Smoking some ribs myself tomorrow.

Comment

• I did a smoked chicken last Sunday, but I didn't brine it as I didn't have time to plan it all out properly and it was a last minute thing. I only smoked it for 3 hours but that was only to get the flavor before I put it in a pot of boiling water to make Smoked Chicken Soup out of it. Best chicken noodle soup I've ever had!

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X