Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bcoop...what do you think of this steak ager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    I've only seen prime filet at the Costco I go to. I haven't seen prime rib, and I've checked multiple times.
    South lake?
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      South lake?
      They let you people shop there?

Comment

Ha Got 'em!!

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          South lake?
          Yep. I've seen prime strips there occasionally but it's hit or miss.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            They let you people shop there?
            Damn skippy.
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Yep. I've seen prime strips there occasionally but it's hit or miss.
              I know I've seen prime ribeye there at least twice, because Ashley and I literally laughed out loud at the pricing. I want to say it was 15-16/lb.
              dont downshift!!

Comment

Man, I haven't shopped for beef since last year right after Halloween. I stocked my freezer up and will have to do so again in the spring. Hopefully it comes back down, I haz to have my beef...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Man, I haven't shopped for beef since last year right after Halloween. I stocked my freezer up and will have to do so again in the spring. Hopefully it comes back down, I haz to have my beef...
                  Beef isn't coming down any time soon. They're making up for what was lost with the drought.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    I went halfzies on a cow about two years ago. The cost with the freezer came out to about $3.75 per lb.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Beef isn't coming down any time soon. They're making up for what was lost with the drought.
                      It'll take a couple years to get back down from the drought, lots of people sold rather than pay high hay prices.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        It'll take a couple years to get back down from the drought, lots of people sold rather than pay high hay prices.
                        They say futures are going to free fall. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about futures, but we are STILL paying for the ethanol mandate, and that went in to effect what, a decade ago? I see it taking 5-6 years for things to normalize.

Fwiw, pork prices dropped somewhere around 60% over a few months after seeing record highs a couple years ago. So it could happen. I'm not buying it though

Comment

They say futures are going to free fall. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about futures, but we are STILL paying for the ethanol mandate, and that went in to effect what, a decade ago? I see it taking 5-6 years for things to normalize.

Fwiw, pork prices dropped somewhere around 60% over a few months after seeing record highs a couple years ago. So it could happen. I'm not buying it though
                          I still casually keep track. It's somewhat simple to see though. Drought, hay prices go up. Cows were selling cheap at auctions due to ranchers not wanting to feed hay since there wasnt any rain for natural grazing. Others just didnt breed or buy and steady sold, so heard numbers dropped. It just cost too much. Not as many cows, price goes up for beef, especially since it cost more to raise.

Now that pastures have come back, and hay is back to "normal" pricing, cows are getting bred, ranchers are buying again. That's keeping hoof prices up, since they are in demand again. My buddy bought several calves, one of them being a bull. Back when I was in the mix, the majority bulls were castrated and steers were meat market fodder, but apparently bulls are in high demand at the moment. He traded the bull for a mature, bred cow, with the use of the bull for life.

the last steer I sold was 1.25/lb on the hoof in 01, and it's running somewhere in the ~$2/lb today.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Its been 9 days...update?

Comment

• Today is day 21. Slicing it up and grilling it tomorrow. I'll post pics Sunday.

Comment

Today is day 21. Slicing it up and grilling it tomorrow. I'll post pics Sunday.
                                Pics!?!?! We want an invite!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X