Grills......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grills......

What type of grill is your go to for grilling?
    I have been looking around for grills and lately have been looking at the electric pellet Grilla Grills. I like the electric idea, just leaves a little bad taste knowing your not really grilling.

Also what brands do ya enjoy grilling on?

I live my traeger for smoking and cooking chicken.. I love my Weber for everything else.. IMO Weber is the best all purpose grill. I grill 2-3x a week too.. you can even smoke on them.. look up “snake method”
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

I love my Big Green Egg. It's extremely versatile and should last a lifetime. I use it 2-3 times a week as is for Grilling (direct or indirect), smoking, hell... when I want to deep fry something and not smell up the house I do it on the Egg. I can bake in it, really ANYTHING is possible on it and it's 90% ceramic so it doesn't rust out like my previous grills. I can set the temp at say 200-275 (anywhere in there) and with no electronics it will hold that temp for at least 24 hours absolutely no problem and no touching it at all.

As far as pellet smokers/grills, I'm sure they are fine... but I have a few friends who in the last couple of years had power outages in the middle of cooking that screwed them. Also, IDGAF what they say, I don't really trust that it's "nothing" but wood in those pellets (maybe some brands are but I do not believe they all are). I use only natural hardwood lump charcoal and/or wood, never briquettes or anything like that.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        I live my traeger for smoking and cooking chicken.. I love my Weber for everything else.. IMO Weber is the best all purpose grill. I grill 2-3x a week too.. you can even smoke on them.. look up “snake method”
        Just had a conversation with the neighbor this weekend. He said... you should always go Webber and he talked about the snakes method.

Comment

I do God’s work with a 22” Weber.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Love my BGE. Weber’s will always be great.

I don’t see myself ever going to a pellet grill, but my brother in law just got a very nice Yoder YS-640 Competition model.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I use a weber smokey mountain to smoke a lot and the minion method works well too.

You could do nearly the same on a kettle but it would be harder to maintain lower temps.

Comment

A friend sells Traeger and he gave us a grill. We're still learning but damn, we've made some tasty ribs and briskets on that thing.

Comment

Even though I’m a huge Weber fanboy, I don’t know one single person who owns an egg that doesn’t like it.. I think most would be happy with either!

I’m very curious about the new Weber summit though.. but not about to be the Guinea pig for $1500
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

How strong are the eggs. I've been seeing those too. Things I've notice is other brand eggs come with extras and some don't. Leaving you to buy the extras. Almost thinking of buying two kinds. Webber charcoal would be nice, just need to find a method for easy removal of the charcoal.

Comment

As long as you don't drop it the egg is plenty strong! If you're going to get one I recommend Ceramic Grill Store in Denton as they have some awesome accessories that you can get in one of their packages... Other stores will typically do a package with BGE branded accessories which are fine, but not as cool as what CGS makes for the same package prices. I got mine at Premier Grilling and while I feel I got a good deal and was happy with the BGE accessories, later finding out about CGS and their stuff I wish I had started there.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I have and have had lots of grills. I will say after getting a pellet grill I rarely ever use my egg. If you've got the coin check out Pitts and Spitts, thick steel built in Houston and they make a great pellet smoker. I would also keep a look out on FB and CL for used higher end pellet before going with a new cheaper one. Yoders and the occasional P&S will pop up for good prices.

Edit: Lots of bad reviews on Youtube for the Weber pellet grill.

Comment

Still running my 7 year old Weber performer charcoal. The dirtier it gets the better it cooks.

Comment

BGE, but my buddy has a pellet and it does a great job also.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I recently ditched my big fancy KitchenAid charcoal grill after 6 years and replaced it with a 22" Weber Kettle. I liked the KicthenAid for big parties, but it just took a crap ton of charcoal to get really hot. I like the Weber a lot better, and it was a whole lot cheaper.

I got a 36" Blackstone griddle for Christmas, and have been cooking on that a decent bit lately. It's obviously not a grill, but it's fantastic for a lot of stuff. As much as I like a thick, grilled burger, a double-stacked smashburger on the griddle is super tasty.

I still plan to get a BGE one of these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X