Best burger recipes - give 'em to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best burger recipes - give 'em to me

Got drunk and got myself in to a burger competition with a couple friends - one of whom owns an amazing restaurant here in Houston that specializes in badass meat. Our dumbasses were literally with him, at the bar, in his fucking restaurant when we came up with this idea. This is their burger -

Long story short, I need to kill it. There's a bottle of good bourbon on the line.

I was watching an episode of Hot Ones earlier with Gordon Ramsay, and he said his best burger is:
    60% ground beef
    10% fat
    10% chuck
    10% fore-rib
    10% lean tri-tip
    Lots of chili flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, a "severe sear" in cast iron, then baste with butter as it cooks.

I have a local place that could mix up ANY blend of ground anything - prime beef, buffalo, pork, exotics (elk, kangaroo, alligator, bear, emu, boar, deer.... fucking turtle...)

So lay it on me. What's your go-to burger?

Hit Whataburger and rewrap it in foil.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      Got drunk and got myself in to a burger competition with a couple friends - one of whom owns an amazing restaurant here in Houston that specializes in badass meat. Our dumbasses were literally with him, at the bar, in his fucking restaurant when we came up with this idea. This is their burger -

Long story short, I need to kill it. There's a bottle of good bourbon on the line.

I was watching an episode of Hot Ones earlier with Gordon Ramsay, and he said his best burger is:
      60% ground beef
      10% fat
      10% chuck
      10% fore-rib
      10% lean tri-tip
      Lots of chili flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, a "severe sear" in cast iron, then baste with butter as it cooks.

I have a local place that could mix up ANY blend of ground anything - prime beef, buffalo, pork, exotics (elk, kangaroo, alligator, bear, emu, boar, deer.... fucking turtle...)

So lay it on me. What's your go-to burger?
      Unless that tastes way better than it looks, any fast food buyer should take the win!
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Damnit! I'm faded, and now i want to whip up some extravagant burger lol

How about like some kind of ground ribeye/pork mixture? Fuck i dunno!

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
          Unless that tastes way better than it looks, any fast food buyer should take the win!
          LMAO it's actually really fucking good. Typically it's limited availability, made with the 'leftovers' from their dry-aged steaks toward the end of the week.

Comment

If you have access to pellicle from dry aging, I’d mix with fresh beef (probably brisket).
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Exotics taste, wellllll awful.

I have been known to add fresh garlic, two table spoons of A1, and a tablespoon of Soy sauce. My wife even ate my left overs so I know they were good.

Oh and the local Mexican meat market use to mix in fajita meat in the ground beef. They were delightful.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Sprocket Burger at this place is one of the best I've had.

sprocket burger*
                bacon, cheddar, duck fat fried egg, garlic aioli,
                tomato jam, local pretzel bun 1595

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                  Sprocket Burger at this place is one of the best I've had.

https://cafebenelux.com/wp-content/u...llDay_0828.pdf
                  God I love a pretzel bun burger. I’ll have to check that out.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Hope I'm not too late. We often have people over for burgers and dogs. I'm old in case you missed the "how old are you?" thread. Strych, I know you know me, so throw that aside. Here's the favorite build at our place...

80/20 ground beef into the mixing bowl with 1 egg beat well per 1.5 pounds of meat. Add a handful or heavy shakes of worchestire sauce and roll the meat all around in it to try and evenly coat everything. Season the meat with Lowery's, fresh ground sea salt, pepper blend, garlic, and chili powder. I love garlic and chili powder, so I go heavy on them. A few of my friends like spicy, so we will toss ground cayenne in too. Go healthy on the chili powder. The goal is to have the meat dry enough to stick together so that the egg is not an issue.

Roll all that together well. We roll/blend the meat, season, roll again, season, etc. You get the idea. We split into 0.5 pound balls of meat and then turn into patties. Straight to the grill on hot for a sear like on a steak and then kill heat. The egg allows you to "overcook" it a bit and it still be moist.

Beyond that, serve on a pretzel bun with the cheese fully melted on the patty and then topped with not bacon, but a charred and split Earl Campbell hot link. Gives it some spice, some extra grill "char" taste, and is manly too.

To summarize, hand blend seasonings and meat. Make it Texan with the addition of a split, grilled Earl Campbell, and use pepperjack cheese. Serve medium-rarre to medium on pretzel bun and collect your prize. BONUS A fried egg served on top of a burger is money whether it is on top of bacon or an Earl Campbell.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      Hit Whataburger and rewrap it in foil.
                      Oh you nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        LMAO it's actually really fucking good. Typically it's limited availability, made with the 'leftovers' from their dry-aged steaks toward the end of the week.
                        I figured, but to me the look of the bun ruins it.

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        Hope I'm not too late. We often have people over for burgers and dogs. I'm old in case you missed the "how old are you?" thread. Strych, I know you know me, so throw that aside. Here's the favorite build at our place...

80/20 ground beef into the mixing bowl with 1 egg beat well per 1.5 pounds of meat. Add a handful or heavy shakes of worchestire sauce and roll the meat all around in it to try and evenly coat everything. Season the meat with Lowery's, fresh ground sea salt, pepper blend, garlic, and chili powder. I love garlic and chili powder, so I go heavy on them. A few of my friends like spicy, so we will toss ground cayenne in too. Go healthy on the chili powder. The goal is to have the meat dry enough to stick together so that the egg is not an issue.

Roll all that together well. We roll/blend the meat, season, roll again, season, etc. You get the idea. We split into 0.5 pound balls of meat and then turn into patties. Straight to the grill on hot for a sear like on a steak and then kill heat. The egg allows you to "overcook" it a bit and it still be moist.

Beyond that, serve on a pretzel bun with the cheese fully melted on the patty and then topped with not bacon, but a charred and split Earl Campbell hot link. Gives it some spice, some extra grill "char" taste, and is manly too.

To summarize, hand blend seasonings and meat. Make it Texan with the addition of a split, grilled Earl Campbell, and use pepperjack cheese. Serve medium-rarre to medium on pretzel bun and collect your prize. BONUS A fried egg served on top of a burger is money whether it is on top of bacon or an Earl Campbell.
                        Sounds good!
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Meat, an egg to hold it together, salt, pepper, garlic, grill.

Comment

You need to try the fajita burgers I get from this Mexican Meat Market in West Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                              Agreed, doesn't look appealing at all lol
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X