Best burger recipes - give 'em to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Gettin hungry just looking at it. Congrats!

Comment

You have me salivating.

Comment

Whens the next burger off? We’re your friends, too.

Comment

Hell ya!

Comment

Crazy. I’ve always liked my burgers simple. 70/30 or 80/20 ground, thin patty larger than the bun to allow for shrinkage, salt, pepper, cheese of your choice, buttered and toasted bun and toppings to suit. I like grilled onions, lettuce, tomato and mustard and sometimes pickles or jalapenos. I’ve eaten many but never loved a foo foo burger with tons if extra crap.

The real secret is fresh grind on the meat and a quality bun. A bad bun can ruin an otherwise good burger.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              Crazy. I’ve always liked my burgers simple. 70/30 or 80/20 ground, thin patty larger than the bun to allow for shrinkage, salt, pepper, cheese of your choice, buttered and toasted bun and toppings to suit. I like grilled onions, lettuce, tomato and mustard and sometimes pickles or jalapenos. I’ve eaten many but never loved a foo foo burger with tons if extra crap.

The real secret is fresh grind on the meat and a quality bun. A bad bun can ruin an otherwise good burger.
              Cool, but you spelled my name wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Cool, but you spelled my name wrong.
                Sorry...

I’m making burgers tomorrow the only fancy thing planned is the smoked cheddar the wife got at the farmer’s market last week. Beef, salt, pepper, grill, buttered and toasted bun, lettuce, tomato, onion and possibly some candied jalapenos. Each person can decide mustard, mayo or ketchup for themselves. I’m a mustard only guy.

I like my burgers simple.

I tried Kenny’s again in 2018. It still sucks. His other restaurants are nice and the burger place looks the part, but the actual burgers suck. And I even know chef’s that know Kenny. I want to like it, but it’s just a sub par overpriced burger joint.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  I tried Kenny’s again in 2018. It still sucks. His other restaurants are nice and the burger place looks the part, but the actual burgers suck. And I even know chef’s that know Kenny. I want to like it, but it’s just a sub par overpriced burger joint.
                  I don't want to derail the thread, but I didn't see anywhere in the thread that made a reference to Kenny's?

You are wrong, and I'll start with the price, Kenny's charges a decent price for his burgers ($8.ish) and they are all good. I usually get the bacon burger with cheddar and truffle parmesan fries. We also get an order of bacon wrapped Japs stuff with cheese that are the bomb.
                  I go about twice a month, way better than any fast food joint and most homemade burgers as well.
                  It's a fucking burger that uses local bread and fresh ingredients, not sure what you are looking for, if you think your homemade burgers are better good for you...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    I don't want to derail the thread...
                    Meh, the original purpose for the thread has concluded, so it's natural in the DFWM thread lifecycle to derail at this point. Though, to do it right you should have called him an idiot, at a minimum. Fucktard would be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Though, to do it right you should have called him an idiot, at a minimum. Fucktard would be even better.
                      hahahaha!

I didn't feel the need to state the obvious...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I don't want to derail the thread, but I didn't see anywhere in the thread that made a reference to Kenny's?

You are wrong, and I'll start with the price, Kenny's charges a decent price for his burgers ($8.ish) and they are all good. I usually get the bacon burger with cheddar and truffle parmesan fries. We also get an order of bacon wrapped Japs stuff with cheese that are the bomb.
                        I go about twice a month, way better than any fast food joint and most homemade burgers as well.
                        It's a fucking burger that uses local bread and fresh ingredients, not sure what you are looking for, if you think your homemade burgers are better good for you...
                        Everyone thinks their homemade whatever is better than any restaraunt, and they are usually right. They are making food exactly how they like it.

We can't all have good taste, otherwise it would just be called taste.

Comment

I don’t care what anyone says. The juicy Lucy at Kenny’s is delicious, I tried several others there before that one and they were all good but once I had it I stopped ordering anything else. There are a lot of good burger places, we already knew that Anthony would be a burger snob who likes his own the best.

Comment

I've never had a bad experience or burger at Kenny's.

In fact, it's been a while, now I'm going this weekend. Henry you down for a Sunday afternoon burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              I've never had a bad experience or burger at Kenny's.

In fact, it's been a while, now I'm going this weekend. Henry you down for a Sunday afternoon burger?
                              That place is fantastic.. top 5 of my favorite burgers
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

I know you guys rave about Kenny’s like it’s Hubert Keller’s burger bar. I’ve been twice and it’s an okay burger, but way overpriced and way over hyped.

I can get 10 better burgers in DFW for less money and day with less waiting around.

Comment

Working...
                                X