Wendy Davis: embelished about past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wendy Davis: embelished about past

Not only has she lied about her past, but her agenda is only about her.

It is not exactly a surprise that the latest feminist political icon, Texas state Senator Wendy Davis, turns out to be a phony and an exploiter. Davis, you may recall, rocketed to progressive superstardom by conducting an ultimately futile filibuster on a bill tightening health regulations on abortions after 20 weeks of gestation when the life of the mother is not in peril. The fact that Davis is an attractive blond and speaks fairly well in public was enough to gladden the heart of the pro-abortion faction, eager to find a champion who can be packaged as an inspiring profile in courage. She has already raised $12 million for her campaign for governor, tapping into the victimology cult among wealthy feminist women.

Davis has presented a life story to voters that portrays her as inspiring up-from-the-bottom success story, the first member of her family ever to go to college, a young mother, and a brilliant academic success who made her way to Harvard Law School. But this narrative omits some rather unappealing facets of her life course. Wayne Slater of the Dallas Morning News presents some of the facts that he diplomatically says have been "blurred," and they are rather unsavory. Read the whole thing.

Davis has portrayed herself as a 19 year old single mother, following her divorce, but in fact, she was 21 years old at the time of the divorce. She testified under oath in a federal lawsuit to being 19, though, so perjury may be in play. But okay, perjury aside, shading two years off and making herself a minor is not that significant, buut it is an indication that she plays fast and loose with the data in order to make her situation look more pathetic and desperate. Not a good sign, and not the most important lie. It is the lies by omission that are most important.

Single mother Wendy enrolled in a community college, and then won a scholarship to Texas Christian University, and married Jeff Davis, a man 13 years older than she and a successful lawyer. He paid her tuition at TCU, and then supported her at Harvard Law School, and raised their two daughters, who remained in Ft. Worth with him, while she immersed herself in the world of high powered elites in Cambridge.

Now here comes the really, really unsavory part:
    Over time, the Davises' marriage was strained. In November 2003, Wendy Davis moved out.

Jeff Davis said that was right around the time the final payment on their Harvard Law School loan was due. "It was ironic," he said. "I made the last payment, and it was the next day she left."

Nice! Dump the kids on hubby, get him to pay for her education, and then dump him as soon as the last bill is paid. She's a user, and exploiter of men.

But it gets worse:
    In his initial divorce filing, Jeff Davis said the marriage had failed, citing adultery on her part and conflicts that the couple could not overcome. The final court decree makes no mention of infidelity, granting the divorce solely "on the ground of insupportability."

Amber was 21 and in college. Dru was in ninth grade. Jeff Davis was awarded parental custody. Wendy Davis was ordered to pay $1,200 a month in child support.

Wendy is a piece of work. And those who know her well are on to that:
    A former colleague and political supporter who worked closely with Davis when she was on the council said the body's work was very time-consuming.

"Wendy is tremendously ambitious," he said, speaking only on condition of anonymity in order to give what he called an honest assessment. "She's not going to let family or raising children or anything else get in her way."

On the downside, we have seen another feminist phony, Elizabeth Warren, get herself elected to the United States Senate, so we can't rule out Wendy as a rising force. But Texas ain't Massachusetts. My guess is that Wendy's campaign will crash and burn. But there will be ample time for us to have fun poking holes in her story.

Ya...to heck with the kids, just dump 'em on somebody else for her own self-interests.

DMN link for reference:
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

if you own a business in ft worth, this prostitute puts the "C" in cunt.
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Cold busted.

Comment

Sounds like she trained my ex wife.

Comment

She just lost the male vote. Can't see any guy voting for that succubus, knowing she's a fucking goldigger.

Comment

Shit, as soon as I saw her slogan was bringing Commifornia values to TX I was out.

Comment

I didn't have to know any of this to know she's a cunt, but it's nice that it's been all aired out. Whatever helps.

Comment

I am convinced she is a closet gun grabber so I would never have voted for her ass anyway.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  Sounds like she trained my ex wife.
                  By "your ex wife" you mean every female in this state?...except the one you're currently sleeping with.

Gotcha!
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I think you smell what I am shoveling sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      I am convinced she is a closet gun grabber so I would never have voted for her ass anyway.
                      Need more convincing?
                      She opposed concealed handgun legislation and vetoed a referendum on it, handing George W. Bush a great campaign issue in 1994. Texans got a concealed carry law in Bush’s first session as governor.
                      As a member of the Fort Worth City Council, Davis tried to impose restrictions on guns shows held at municipal facilities. She wanted to ensure that people were buying from licensed dealers or otherwise faced background checks.
                      “I haven’t pursued it as a senator because I know it’s like spitting in the wind,” she (W. Davis) said. “But I still believe it’s the right thing. And if I were governor and a bill came to my desk that provided for background checks at gun shows, I would sign that.
                      In Texas, where licensed gun toters are allowed to bypass the metal detectors at the state Capitol and the sitting governor once shot a coyote while jogging, getting between Texans and their guns can be politically dangerous.

She knows not to push it as a senator 'cause she'd lose the vote, but if someone else got it through...

Pure self-interest, liberal politician.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

That should signal her time to fuck off.

Comment

REDSTATE – News has broken that Wendy Davis lied about her background. She is now playing victim blaming Greg Abbott.

It is her ex-husband who talked to a left-of-center Dallas reporter. It is also her ex-husband who asked a Texas District Court to issue a temporary restraining order against Wendy Davis in 2003.

In that order, the judge ordered that Wendy Davis “be immediately restrained from . . . using illegal drugs or consuming alcohol within 24 hours before or during the period of possession of or access to the child.”

Speaking of the child, at the time her twelve year old daughter requested her father serve as her managing conservator.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

She will most likely be our next Governor......thanks to Hags, Fags, Cunts and Canadians, Not to mention our school teachers.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                              She will most likely be our next Governor......thanks to Hags, Fags, Cunts and Canadians, Not to mention our school teachers.
                              There are roughly 350,000 teachers, I doubt that will swing the election.

Comment

Working...
                              X