No announcement yet.

Easy, self tuning EFI selection for 1965 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holley hp has a plug n play harness for the coyote. Just sayin.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Interesting.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
        My long term plans for this car( probably about 3 yrs off) is to do another complete restore ( it was last restored in 2002) and do a complete coyote 5.0 drive train swap. Before I was always going for the street/strip style. Now, all I want is a really clean restomod that I could drive across country if I want.

Maybe the best thing to do is just hold off and keep throwing money in the good old savings fund! Saving 20-30k over the next few years for a complete rotisserie restoration and re-do everything perfectly. ( I have learned a lot of things differently since when I first restored it at age 14-16.
        That is exactly what I am doing now.
        I got my 69 at 15 years old. It had some front end damage from my 75 year old great grandfather. The steering wheel would turn half a rotation before you felt resistance. I found a hood, fender extension, bumper, valence, stone deflector and grill. Put it all together and did a Performance Suspension Technologies polyurethane suspension/bushing kit in and painted it in my garage. I did just more than the min to get it road worthy.
        Today the whole interior is out as is the engine/trans. 430 hp 347, fresh C4 with 2700 stall, new floor pans, suspension upgrades with 31 spline 8.8, 4wheel disc brakes, new carpet, seats, everything. Throwing all but the kitchen sink at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I couldn't justify a Coyote swap in a classic mustang.
          Too many un-doable mods required. If it already had a K member and coil overs with towers removed then sure.
          I would think a well built Windsor with Fast 2.0 EFI and a little single turbo would be killer.
          A guy on another Mustang forum has a 500 hp 351 Windsor with Fast EFI, Built Tremec, A/C, etc. Runs 11's in the 1/4 and gets close to 30mpg on the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by lilvega View Post
            I couldn't justify a Coyote swap in a classic mustang.
            Too many un-doable mods required. If it already had a K member and coil overs with towers removed then sure.
            I would think a well built Windsor with Fast 2.0 EFI and a little single turbo would be killer.
            A guy on another Mustang forum has a 500 hp 351 Windsor with Fast EFI, Built Tremec, A/C, etc. Runs 11's in the 1/4 and gets close to 30mpg on the highway.
            I'm not arguing with that at all. I've got a forged piston 351 short block stashed away for mine one day. I don't know carbs, but like the driveability of efi, so I went that route. I'll be in for less than half of one of the new self learning systems, after getting it tuned professionally.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Don't do Msd nothing but issuse's One left me stranded in a 65 fastback in 30 deg weather

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                Don't do Msd nothing but issuse's One left me stranded in a 65 fastback in 30 deg weather
                You talking MSD ignition or MSD fuel injection....or both?

I have had my fair share of MSD issues with their coils ( finally solved by MSD sending me a free blaster 3 vibration coil) and MSD 6al cutting out when it got hot when it was about5-6 yrs old ( solved by MSD repairing for free under warranty even after being 5 years out of their 90-day warranty).
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

the msd efi. for starters.

Comment

Working...
                  X