Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my boys RZRs for Xmas...thinking I want one now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    Did you buy older? (black frame)
    2016 KTM 250sxf. The FE version has the orange frame. Those are all spoken for before they even arrived at dealers. When I get done with this one it will be better and faster anyway. I am getting the WP cone valve forks and Traxx shock along with head porting, cams, big bore kit, Genius TB, etc...should make around 55hp when I'm done.

Comment

That's crazy. Not too terribly far off of 450 numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Yep. We took some time off for the holidays, but ready to get back on the track. We missed the first race of the AMA Winter Series at Freestone last weekend, but will probably hit the rest. Next race is at Swan on the 16th I believe.
        My kid will have to stick to cross country until I'm out of school. He'd rather do motocross, but the schedule is hell with school.

We'll probably do Scramblecross and TORN only this year, with a few TCCRA local events (their management of the races isn't the best).
        Colby got very good very fast at MX but he grew too big and he had to race 2 age classes ahead of him and that was no fun since he was well behind them as far as ability. He stopped racing at 8 and took up baseball...I'm glad he did.

Comment

Caleb doesn't like cross country. Get him on an MX track, and he'll haul ass. He likes to see the track and burn laps, but the blind corners, single track, stumps, etc., discourage him. But on a track, he's a different kid. He runs near the top, pushes harder and does everything I've instructed him to do (late braking, early on the gas, making corners shorter, etc. Scramblecross is a happy medium, is close, and they run every other weekend.

Right now he is perfect sized. He can control his ktm 50 sr fine. He could get away a 65 and starting on blocks, but really needs to run another year on the 50. He's sitting 3rd in his current series after having shitty results the past few races. His last race he went from 4th to 18th and crawled his way back to 15th after his chain/sprocket got full of sand and stalled the bike. Worst finish to date, besides his first race.

However, if he grows like his sisters did, I'll be in the same boat and baseball becomes the focus - not to mention he's a lefty.

Comment

Enjoy this time...he will be a teenager soon and you wont be the center of his world anymore. Sucks.

Comment

That's crazy. Not too terribly far off of 450 numbers.
              Power to haul me around the track and agility of the 250f...should be a great vet class bike.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                Power to haul me around the track and agility of the 250f...should be a great vet class bike.
                Sounds like a plan. I hate the feel of a 450. I don't like the way they want to stand up in a corner. I miss my 250f. When I'm back in the market, I'll probably look at a 200 or 300 2stroke, but may consider a 250 4stroke with a big bore.

Enjoy this time...he will be a teenager soon and you wont be the center of his world anymore. Sucks.
                A truth I don't want to face yet, he's only 7

Comment

Ktm 350 ^^^^. I have one and its perfect. 48 horsepower (more than honda 450) and light like a 250F
                  Originally posted by soap
                  i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
                    Ktm 350 ^^^^. I have one and its perfect. 48 horsepower (more than honda 450) and light like a 250F
                    My yz250f made 48hp and 25lb-ft torque...I never rode it however. Sold it to a friend...bought a 16 KTM 250sxf to start modding.

Comment

I want one of these really bad. I have never really liked the 450's. All I ever rode growing up was KX500's and then in my late 30's after I lost a few pounds I had YZ and KX250's. I like not mixing the oil and gas but don't like everything else about them. At 230 I am not sure if I am small enough to ride a 250F.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My yz250f made 48hp and 25lb-ft torque...I never rode it however. Sold it to a friend...bought a 16 KTM 250sxf to start modding.
                        That's up there at factory 250 hp levels. Big money and they don't live long there

Comment

That Yamaha sounds pretty wicked!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                            That Yamaha sounds pretty wicked!!!
                            That's because it's imaginary

Comment

That's up there at factory 250 hp levels. Big money and they don't live long there
                              It will last longer with me riding it than factory pros for sure. I'm expected my KTM 250sxf to have over 50hp when I am done.

Comment

Agree.... I love my KTM 350 XCF. Great bike and compromise between the 250 and 450. The 450 is too wheelie happy and the 250 requires too much shifting in the woods. The 350 just tractors through everything.
                                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                                X