Because I'm board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because I'm board

because I'm board and that normally leads to flights of the imagination, lets play a what would you do game.
    Christmas morning was actually fairly okay weather. So I hopped in the ranger and went for a drive (to get Redbull cause I don't like coffee). Anyway the truck fired on the first try, and idled like a champ. Cam chopping away at the morning quiet. As I backed out of the driveway I was surprised that the exhaust tic it normally has when cold was barely audible. I also normally have to let it warm up for a few minutes before it will rev without sputtering, but not this day. She wanted to run right away. As I pulled out on the main road, I laid into the boost, 1st gear (tire spin) 2nd gear (more spin) 3rd gear (oops got pretty sideways) figured I'd just skip to 5th and not die in a ditch. lol
    I pulled into the 7-11 and parked at a pump. As I looked back at the truck I remembered just how much I love hat little turd. Sure the turbo is going out and it smokes like a weed eater when I let out of the boost, sure its not as fast as my daily driver, sure it leaks like crazy and smells kinda funny after it rains. But damnit I've never had as much fun in any car as I have in that truck.

So here it is, the game of what if... If this was your truck, what would you do to it?

As it sits right now its a 2.3t, ported head, a237 cam, t3/t4 turbo at 25psi, mustang T-5 trans, aluminum drive shaft, 8.8 rear with 373's 4 wheel disk brakes, no sway bar, no heat, no a/c, dream beams 4" drop beams, and an axle flip, and it weighs 2905lb with a full tank of gas and me not in it. I've got a stand alone ecu, electric boost controller, a Holset hybrid turbo, all new IC piping, HKS bov, water to air intercooler with ice box, and line lock, sitting in the garage about to go on it. oh and I do have the centercaps for those wheels, along with the flat black weld draglites I normally run on it.

So here it is, the game of what if... If this was your truck, what would you do to it?

Make it unassuming and go toy with the high rollers, kinda like farm truck.

Comment

Id put all that shit in the garage on it and have fun faster.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Can't tell ya how many times I've wanted a back and forth to work 2.3T Ranger like that. Well done sir.
        There is a fine line between a hobby.... and mental illness.

Comment

Old video, low boost, still fun. cracks me up how young my kid sounds at the end.

Comment

I want an 80's reg cab Ranger with a bolt-on 302 and a 5 speed... but I have 5 kids and too many toys already.

Keep it, make it faster. Either leave it ugly or make it like new, but I wouldn't change the look one bit.

Comment

I agree with Baron..

I learned to drive in my dad's old 1985 Ranger Reg Cab, short bed 4x4. He had specifically ordered the base model with 4x4 and v6, but no stereo, vinyl bench seat and rubber floor covering (instead of carpet). It had the v6 but I would be happy with the same setup and a 302. Maybe just a little bit of lift and 33's.

But that thing was perfect for logging roads and hunting up in SW Washington, and having that interior made it a breeze to clean up when it got dirty and we never worried about getting in with muddy boots. His only addition was gun rack for the rear window, kraco radio with 2-5" door speakers, CB radio and an aluminum canopy.

Comment

Another vote for putting those garage parts on the truck and clearing out your shelf space. Those parts are just collecting dust right now, put them to better use. Then drive the wheels off it with a big assed grin on your face everyday!
                Last edited by slow84lx; 12-30-2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I like it how it is. Kerp at it, make it faster, make it nicer to drive, polish that turd.

Also, bored*.

Comment

I think I posted in your last thread but if you got some ecoboost driveline you will be done. I bet you can get a totaled full ecoboost mustang cheap!

Comment

You could buy this sweet ride
                      5zvfj-6781581480@sale.craigslist.org

CN

Comment

Modern ball bearing actual Garrett GT series turbo and spend momey on suspension to make it hook. Modern turbos are so much better the difference will make the truck comparable to your daily.

Comment

Working...
                        X