No announcement yet.

Lowdown on Off-road parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was just watching some Youtube videos of Bridgeport, and damn, some of those trails are tight. I'm all about climbing some obstacles, but some of those trails looked so narrow that I could see myself being completely wedged between trees. I'm still 100% down to go, but I hope I don't have to skip a lot of the fun stuff because the trails just aren't big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      So I was just watching some Youtube videos of Bridgeport, and damn, some of those trails are tight. I'm all about climbing some obstacles, but some of those trails looked so narrow that I could see myself being completely wedged between trees. I'm still 100% down to go, but I hope I don't have to skip a lot of the fun stuff because the trails just aren't big enough.
      There's still plenty of stuff for Henry.. In fact, there is even a decent rock garden that will probably be just the right amount of challenging for you!

Stuff like this:

I'll check with Lea on those dates, but as far as I know they should work..

For those interested - You do need to get the Texas Off Road sticker.. I think it's like $20.
      Last edited by Chili; 01-21-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        There's still plenty of stuff for Henry.. In fact, there is even a decent rock garden that will probably be just the right amount of challenging for you!

Stuff like this:

That looks much better!

Comment

How does the weekend of Feb 9-10 look for y'all? Either day works fine for me.
          Thanks for making a date. Let's see if we can do it 2/9. I have an early Mavs game that Sunday the 10'th.

Bridgeport website.

Where to buy the OHV stickers at. Price looks to be $16.

Comment

I might invite some friends out to go but not sure if they'll be down or not.

Might even consider camping there the night before

Comment

I will watch you do the Twins.
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                I might invite some friends out to go but not sure if they'll be down or not.

Might even consider camping there the night before
                http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/423/Overnight-Camping
                9th sounds good.

I’ve heard their camping is essentially in a parking lot. Also, no fires. LBJ Grasslands is only 15 minutes away and has free dispersed camping. There are also some places to camp here in Runaway Bay, but I haven’t tried them out, either. That’s like 7 minutes from the park.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                  I will watch you do the Twins.
                  Been watching some vids of that obstacle, and I think the size of my truck will be to my advantage, but the weight might keep it interesting.

Comment

9th sounds good.

I’ve heard their camping is essentially in a parking lot. Also, no fires. LBJ Grasslands is only 15 minutes away and has free dispersed camping. There are also some places to camp here in Runaway Bay, but I haven’t tried them out, either. That’s like 7 minutes from the park.
                    Ya I bought that propane fire ring from Craig last year for things like this. I probably wouldn't enjoy camping there but at least it would be close.

Totally didn't think about LBJ. Anybody else interested in camping out the night before? It's about an hour and a half drive for me and I'm trying not to have to get up to early

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Ya I bought that propane fire ring from Craig last year for things like this. I probably wouldn't enjoy camping there but at least it would be close.

Totally didn't think about LBJ. Anybody else interested in camping out the night before? It's about an hour and a half drive for me and I'm trying not to have to get up to early
                      I’d love to camp, but I doubt the old lady will sign off on it, with the new baby and all. I’m already going to be gone next week, going to CO to bring my truck down. And then another week to take it back up. And then a week in April for a Fullsize Invasion. Heck, if nothing else, you could crash here my in-laws’ place. We’re practically in Bridgeport.

Heck, if you're not picky, we could set up some cots outside if it's not raining. They don't have any real close neighbors.

Comment

I’d love to camp, but I doubt the old lady will sign off on it, with the new baby and all. I’m already going to be gone next week, going to CO to bring my truck down. And then another week to take it back up. And then a week in April for a Fullsize Invasion. Heck, if nothing else, you could crash here my in-laws’ place. We’re practically in Bridgeport.

Heck, if you're not picky, we could set up some cots outside if it's not raining. They don't have any real close neighbors.
                        Might take you up on that man. I'll let you know what's up.

Comment

I can't make it in Feb, but if anyone wants to go in March or April, I'll be ready! I've just got the stock crappy Michelin's right now, not ideal for off road, but ain't gonna pony up big bucks yet for new ones. Thinking of the K02's also.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            I can't make it in Feb, but if anyone wants to go in March or April, I'll be ready! I've just got the stock crappy Michelin's right now, not ideal for off road, but ain't gonna pony up big bucks yet for new ones. Thinking of the K02's also.
                            I should be good for an early March trip. I’ll be back in CO by late March and then Moab in April. Woohoo!

Not sure how heavy your truck is, but on the Fullsize FB groups, the general consensus is that the KO2s are iffy with 1/2 tons and terrible for 3/4 and larger. Biggest complaint seems to be that they wear out really fast. I’ve never run a set, personally, so this is just what’s floating around. The Jeep and Toyota guys love them. I’m a Toyo Open country fan. The AT2s were perfect on Tiff’s 4Runner, and the MTs have done well on my F250.

Comment

I should be good for an early March trip. I’ll be back in CO by late March and then Moab in April. Woohoo!

Not sure how heavy your truck is, but on the Fullsize FB groups, the general consensus is that the KO2s are iffy with 1/2 tons and terrible for 3/4 and larger. Biggest complaint seems to be that they wear out really fast. I’ve never run a set, personally, so this is just what’s floating around. The Jeep and Toyota guys love them. I’m a Toyo Open country fan. The AT2s were perfect on Tiff’s 4Runner, and the MTs have done well on my F250.
                              I think these F-150 are in the mid 4K weight range, not sure tho. I was reading on an F-150 group a lot of guys run them, but I should take into consideration they are in Canada, lol. Was also looking at the Firestone Destination MT2.
                              It will be a while before I get new ones tho, these have like 1400 miles on them, not going to spend money on them till I wear them out a bit. Plus, I'll be spending a shit-ton on my surgery and fricken medicine, and Jan 1st our new insurance sucks ass now. :-(

Comment

pretty pleased with my hankook dyna pro a/t. just over 500 bucks for a set on my burb. hard to beat at that price

Comment

Working...
                                X