More Cherokee (XJ) questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Cherokee (XJ) questions

Ok, since I can't seem to find the "XJ of my dreams" (4.0l, 4 door, 4X4, 5 speed), and I have found several nice XJs with just one of those options missing, I was wondering...

If I were to settle for something I didn't want, which would be easier and/or cheaper to change?

Engine swap (2.5l to 4.0l),
    Trans swap (auto to 5 speed),
    or 2x4 to 4x4?

I figured since I'm eventually going to mod the thing anyways, why not go ahead and get one now and make it like I want it, instead of waiting and waiting for the setup I like?

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

I would think the tranny would be the cheapest. 2wd to 4wd the most expensive and the engine, somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      I would think the tranny would be the cheapest. 2wd to 4wd the most expensive and the engine, somewhere in the middle.
      Same thing I was thinking..

Comment

engine swap to 5.3.

Id look for the cleanest one you can find and buy another cheapie to swap everything out of, then crush it.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have a 2001 4x4 4.0 4dr auto that I'm about to sell. Just pm'ed you.

Comment

Nope.

Tranny is gonna be expensive. Finding a 5 speed is hard as fuck and normally expensive.

2wd to 4wd is going to be expensive ... you still have to swap tranny parts out.

Engine is likely the cheapest option ... should be able to get a used motor in good shape for 400-600 bucks.

Your best bet is just roll with the AW4 auto ... it is a super strong tranny and is cheap as fuck to replace. The last one I swapped out cost me $180 bucks. I would rather have that auto and replace it 2-3 times than go through all the trouble of getting a 4wd 4.0 5 speed ... unless I could fine one stock.

Comment

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

God damnit. I am going to try to resist .....

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                  God damnit. I am going to try to resist .....
                  Right!

Edit....SOB...I sent him a text :/

Comment

Right!

Edit....SOB...I sent him a text :/
                    Way too rich for my blood ... I might get a hold of him later and offer what it is worth.

Comment

I was going to come in at $2k

Comment

I was going to come in at $2k
                        About right.

Comment

I think I am gonna pass on offering that guy anything. I think I would rather pick up a clean 91-92 Comanche and put he updated front end on it.

WANT!

Updated interior
                          Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Forgot how simple those old ones were.

Comment

Working...
                            X