Harvey Weinstein taking on NRA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvey Weinstein taking on NRA.

Pretty funny considering some of the movies he has produced. I've also read that he is a fucking prick to deal with(and not in a good way).

Famed Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein is no stranger to controversy. But Weinstein says he’s turned his sights on his biggest target yet: the National Rifle Association.

“I shouldn’t say this. I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this issue head on and they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them,” Weinstein said during an interview with radio host Howard Stern Wednesday.

“I think the NRA is a disaster area,” Weinstein added, saying, “I don’t think we need guns in this country.”

Deadline Hollywood says the movie is currently titled “The Senator’s Wife” and will focus on the NRA’s successful attempts to lobby federal lawmakers against voting for gun control legislation.

Yahoo News has reached out to the NRA, which says it has not yet issued a public statement responding to Weinstein's comments. Yahoo News also reached out to the Weinstein Co. for comment.

Weinstein told Stern the film will not be a documentary, but rather a “big movie like a 'Mr. Smith Goes to Washington,'” which he believes will affect the national debate in ways lawmakers have so far been unable to do.

“I think we can do something,” he said.

Weinstein has been involved in politics for years and helped raise more than $500,000 for President Barack Obama during his re-election campaign.

As recently as May, Weinstein hosted a fundraiser attended by Obama at the producer’s New York home.

Stern pressed Weinstein about his views on gun control, noting that Weinstein’s forthcoming directorial project is about a violent uprising in World War II.

“I never want to have a gun,” Weinstein said. However, he acknowledged that were he to find one during a scenario like the Holocaust, he’d be willing to use it. “When you’re marching half a million people in Auschwitz … if that was happening to my people.”

Conservative critics are going after Weinstein, calling him a hypocrite for opposing Second Amendment rights while producing several films with gun violence, most prominently those directed by Quentin Tarantino including two "Kill Bill" films, "Pulp Fiction" and, most recently, "Django Unchained."

However, after the 2012 Colorado theater shootings, Weinstein proposed hosting a summit that would bring filmmakers together to discuss gun violence as portrayed onscreen.

"I think as filmmakers we should sit down — the Marty Scorseses, the Quentin Tarantinos and hopefully all of us who deal in violence in movies — and discuss our role in that," Weinstein said.

Have you listened to the interview?

The topic came up when Stern asked about his plans to direct a film based on a book about the uprising in the Warsaw ghetto during the Holocaust, but used it as a basis to explain his feelings on guns.

'It's not a Holocaust story as much as it is Jews with guns. It's my whole philosophy. It's the idea that when injustice is that great you can't just march into the camps,' he said.

'I never want to have a gun... This is when you're marching a half a million people into Auschwitz. I'd find a gun if that was happening to my people.'
    What a fucking moron. His stupidity knows no bounds. Truly the liberal Hollywood elite in action here. Mr. Weinstein you would be the first in the line to the incinerator.
    Last edited by CJ; 01-17-2014, 07:01 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So does that mean Kill Bill 3(which he is listed as the producer for on IMDB) will be completely gun and violence free?

Comment

Fuck him and his hypocritical ramblings. Fat fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post

What a fucking moron. His stupidity knows no bounds. Truly the liberal Hollywood elite in action here. Mr. Weinstein you would be the first in the line to the incinerator.
          did he just insult every jew that was murdered by the Nazis?
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

What is so fucking absurd, is he is making a movie about his own people which had their guns taken from them to prevent resistance, and then were forced into camps. He wants to highlight the fantastic story of how his people rose up against the Germans but were fucking slaughtered with guns and then murdered in the millions because of their inability to protect themselves. This man is literally writing a story about the the massacre of his own people and then advocating a return to the same climate that gave birth to the holocaust. What a fucking fool of extraordinary proportions, it simply leaves me breathless. And much of the youth of our country worships this kind of Hollywood stupidity.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Limousine Liberals.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

This movie is by idiots, for idiots and will do nothing to change the opinion of those idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  This movie is by idiots, for idiots and will do nothing to change the opinion of those idiots.
                  [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0b5RMpAXf7w[/ame]
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Of course, guns would magically appear to help you resist the government after the government took them away.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                      Of course, guns would magically appear to help you resist the government after the government took them away.
                      Well duh.

Comment

I can't listen to that type of shit, it just drives me crazy. It's why I haven't listened to a Presidential address in 5 years. I can handle reading it slightly easier, so I just wait for the high points to be printed or ignore them altogether. I know it's just going to be a metric ton of horseshit anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I can't listen to that type of shit, it just drives me crazy. It's why I haven't listened to a Presidential address in 5 years. I can handle reading it slightly easier, so I just wait for the high points to be printed or ignore them altogether. I know it's just going to be a metric ton of horseshit anyway.
                          Before we know it Eric is going to be living in a trailer in the middle of the woods and driving a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                            Before we know it Eric is going to be living in a trailer in the middle of the woods and driving a truck.

The way my life is going you might not be too far off. It would be an SUV though.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              The way my life is going you might not be too far off. It would be an SUV though.
                              If I had my way I would already be in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X