Ace 570

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace 570

The new girl. Well I have been looking for a new single seat buggy for a while. While test riding and eyeballing a couple of Pilots and a Turbo Revolt the guy mentioned these. Really this is mostly for the wife when we go out to Red River. I just wanted something new, reliable, and with parts availability. Four wheel drive was a plus I won't lie. Well I am not disappointed. I took it out on the 150 acres of trails over by me and had a freaking blast. Damn near want to go buy another for myself to tinker with and follow the wife around. I think one is good for now and just need a dirt bike for my end but we shall see. Worth every penny though. Went through the mud great, jumped fine, and climbed the side of a rock hill three times with zero issues. Plus it fits in the back of my truck and runs four wheeler trails great. I wish I had bought a long bed so I could put the hitch mount on the back for a dirt bike. It makes for a nice little package but meh, I guess I will get a freaking trailer.

Whos your Daddy?

I dig it, and the 50" width opens up a lot of options for you trail-wise. Nice rig

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      I dig it, and the 50" width opens up a lot of options for you trail-wise. Nice rig
      Thanks.

Plus by the time it is broke in good I bet someone builds a Turbo kit and some suspension for it. Its fantasic but I like some big air every now and again. Maybe one inch and some Elkas. They have a 2 inch lift and it looks pretty tough with some 27's.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That thing is cool as hell. I think I'd go with a harness though.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          That thing is cool as hell. I think I'd go with a harness though.
          Yes it is on order. Needs some wheels also.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Price range for something like that? I wouldn't know if it was 2 grand or 10 grand.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Price range for something like that? I wouldn't know if it was 2 grand or 10 grand.
              The guy in Corsicana hooked me up. I called around and they were quoting MSRP plus set up and shipping at around 9700. It was 9k even out the door. I think its a deal since the RZR is like 16500 out the door.

I am still digging the ole Turbo Revolt but the entry and exit was a pain. The guy selling it is now eyeballing the Ace. Said he had the smaller version and loved it but wanted a little more power.

140 HP
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Decent little video.

I was looking around the other day and they make a turbo for the standard ACE and it will run with the 1000 XP. The place is in Texas and I am inquiring about a Turbo for the 570 today. I'll be the test mule if they would like!

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

What are the practical advantages/disadvantages of this vs a traditional 4 wheeler? Obvious differences that I can see are the doors, "cage", and steering wheel. Is it all just personal preference or are there big reasons for choosing one over the other?

I'm a newb, but I'll be in the market before long for a pair of 4-wheelers or something like this. Mine will be for slow speed stuff through rocky trails. Lugging around some camping gear will be a consideration, too. Oh, and I'm a giant (6'5" 340 lbs), if that matters (usually does).

Comment

Safety more then anything. You could still hurt your self but not nearly as easy as on a four wheeler. The price is less then most four wheelers also which I thought was odd. Really its just preference mostly and I like a buggy or a dirt bike. I will be getting a nice dirt bike to go with it as this was really for the wife. Don't get me wrong, I will have a great time with it also during the week while she is at work. I put another hour on it yesterday and its fun to ride around on. I had a offer for the first turbo kit prototype yesterday but the guy wants it for ten weeks. His basic kit on the smaller Ace will hang with a XP1000. Meh its fast enough for now. Your size may be a tad big for this thing. The 605 part for sure.

The end result is going to be a Jayco Baja pop up and the buggy and dirt bike. Will make a nice little light package to head out with and camp.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ace 570

It may hang on a flat surface but the suspension on the Ace leaves little to be desired. Can't say I don't want one though!!

How often do you guys ride in Bulcher?

Mine

Comment

Asshole! Oh I love those but this is for the old lady. I'm a dirt bike guy but this thing is a blast. I am surprised at how well it jumps though. Needs some triple rate elkas! I am going out wed. I think. When I get a bike it will be once a month or so, but not just bulcher.
                        Last edited by kingjason; 11-10-2014, 08:40 AM.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                        X