KTM 300 MXC a very good bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTM 300 MXC a very good bike?

Found a local guy here in Albuquerque selling a 2000 KTM 300 MXC in what looks like very nice physical condition for $500 bucks (unless its a prank for April Fools day)...said he was riding it hard a couple days ago and it seized on him. If its legit that shouldn't be that hard to fix. Thoughts?

Just say no to a 16 year old ktm 300
    Originally posted by soap
    i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

I've had a 99, a 2001, a 2005, a 2007, and a 2011. KTM's before about 2004 are barely worth riding for free. The suspension is just awful and it handles like shit. You could make a few hundred on it if you wanted to just flip it though, it's worth around $1000 running.

Comment

he never replied so I moved on.

Comment

I've thought about picking up an older 2 stroke to run in vintage classes (I think anything 15 years old counts). That being said, I mirror what Robin said. KTM after 04 is a completely different bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            I've thought about picking up an older 2 stroke to run in vintage classes (I think anything 15 years old counts). That being said, I mirror what Robin said. KTM after 04 is a completely different bike.
            03 is the newest 2 stroke you can ride at the vintage races. The class is GP5.
            Originally posted by soap
            i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

I'd like to get an old CR500 to run in the vintage class.

Comment

Working...
              X