X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tire time for the jeep...input

We have been running

BFGOODRICH MUD-TERRAIN T/A KM 255/75-17

for the past year and a half actually got decent run out of them. They are just wearing terribly uneven now and 2 are about gone completely.

Looking for recommendations on some other than MUD tire, what have you guys ran that actually lated a while in an all terrain tire before?

THis is only second set of tires we have bought for the jeep, just not wanting something so knobby!

i switched from some 35's mud terrains to the cooper at3 in 35's and i loved them. so much quieter and smoother

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'll probably be moving away from Mud Terrains on my Jeep as well.. Haven't decided to what yet, but I just don't spend enough time offroad to justify how quickly they wear out. Been thinking of getting a second set of wheels and drop down to 33 AT's around town then throw on the larger mud tires when needed.

Comment

I am thinking of one of these two tires. Both have same warranty both get good reviews and both are within 60$ bucks of each other for a set of 5.

It is a stock height jeep

Goodyear Duratrac - which is same size that is currently on the jeep

Toyo Open County AT 2 - which will be .6 inches taller and 1.2 inches wider

Comment

I did not care for the handling on the Duratracs. I tried them and the newer BFGOODRICH ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2. I like the K02 way better and they look aggressive. You will probably get the most mileage out of the Toyo's though.

I have the new Discount Tire pathfinders on my Titan and not only do they look good, they are wearing really well and more of an on road tire. Price was excellent and they really want you to buy their brand. I was skeptical but they are working out nicely. I have like 6k on them and almost no wear the guy said when I went in the other day. They look better than the online pics.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

1500 Silverado went to the duratracs this past December from bfg mud terrains .the duratracs were a little squirrelly at first till I lowered pressure down to 33 psi. They aren't as loud and ride smother then the bfg . Read a lot of reviews about weak side walls on them but no issues so far. Very happy with them in light mud and wet asphalt.

Comment

Best 2 sets of tires I have ever run are Teragrappler ATs and BFG ATs. Got 70k plus out of both of them. Goodyears were by far some of the shittiest tires I have ever run. Only got 20k out of them and I would compare their ride and noise levels to Biggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                Best 2 sets of tires I have ever run are Teragrappler ATs and BFG ATs. Got 70k plus out of both of them. Goodyears were by far some of the shittiest tires I have ever run. Only got 20k out of them and I would compare their ride and noise levels to Biggers.
                I would say the T/A KO2 handled twice as well as the Duratrac. I could feel the role in them going around corners. Plus the BFG's looked better and I hated the way the old AT's looked so they have stepped up their game. Surprisingly Mickey Thompson has some decent long lasting tires also. Had them on a Jeep and a Bronco but they are not cheap.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Would like to note too we are on these right now
                  LT255/75R17
                  BFGOODRICH
                  MUD-TERRAIN T/A KM
                  they have been good tires, lasted a while not sure on mileage over 50k i believe

We are leaning toward the Toyo's as of this moment and they will be
                  285/70/17 so a little bit bigger all the way around also.

What size pathfinders did you get? I see different ones but not sure the differences?

LT285 /70 R17 121S E1 BSW???

P 285 /70 R17 117T SL BSW???

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                    Would like to note too we are on these right now
                    LT255/75R17
                    BFGOODRICH
                    MUD-TERRAIN T/A KM
                    they have been good tires, lasted a while not sure on mileage over 50k i believe

We are leaning toward the Toyo's as of this moment and they will be
                    285/70/17 so a little bit bigger all the way around also.

What size pathfinders did you get? I see different ones but not sure the differences?

LT285 /70 R17 121S E1 BSW???

P 285 /70 R17 117T SL BSW???
                    The top is a truck tire(LT), the bottom is a car tire (P).. Weight ratings and sidewalls mostly.

Comment

Go with the BFG, you won't be disappointed. As in all truck tires, rotate them regularly to get the most life out of them.

Comment

The wife's 4Runner has the Toyo Open Country all terrains, and they are fucking fantastic. We've been impressed with them in every scenario - highway, mud, snow, sharp rocks, etc.

Comment

Matt is big on the Toyo Open Country A/T, but I just can't drop that kind of money on a tire that looks no different than a normal street tire. The valleys between tread is narrow, no side lugs on the tires, etc. I don't see how they could possibly perform in mud.

I'm a big fan of the BFG A/T KO2. Had a set on my last truck and putting another set on this truck when it's time. I had 50k on my last set and there was PLENTY tread left. They had 20-30k miles left easily. Just rotate rotate rotate.

IIRC, Matt said Toyo is the only one with a 60k mile warranty, which I believe is correct. I'd still run the BFG though, I know they last just as long if not longer when you take care of them.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Matt is big on the Toyo Open Country A/T, but I just can't drop that kind of money on a tire that looks no different than a normal street tire. The valleys between tread is narrow, no side lugs on the tires, etc. I don't see how they could possibly perform in mud.

I'm a big fan of the BFG A/T KO2. Had a set on my last truck and putting another set on this truck when it's time. I had 50k on my last set and there was PLENTY tread left. They had 20-30k miles left easily. Just rotate rotate rotate.

IIRC, Matt said Toyo is the only one with a 60k mile warranty, which I believe is correct. I'd still run the BFG though, I know they last just as long if not longer when you take care of them.
                            I have had a couple of sets of BFG AT's and honestly haven't been really pleased with them. They were fine offroad, and mostly good on-road but it didn't seem to take long for them to get really hard, especially in the cold, and that resulted in really shitty traction on the street. Especially when wet. That said, I don't believe they were the KO2's, so that may have made a difference. That was my only real complaint though, and they did wear really slowly.. I have been considering them for the Jeep but am still uncertain on what route I am going to take. Still really considering buying some take-off factory wheels and tires to run on the street. I often see a full set of 5 with less than 1k miles for around $400.. That's also what I will pay for one 35x12.50x17..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              I have had a couple of sets of BFG AT's and honestly haven't been really pleased with them. They were fine offroad, and mostly good on-road but it didn't seem to take long for them to get really hard, especially in the cold, and that resulted in really shitty traction on the street. Especially when wet. That said, I don't believe they were the KO2's, so that may have made a difference. That was my only real complaint though, and they did wear really slowly.. I have been considering them for the Jeep but am still uncertain on what route I am going to take. Still really considering buying some take-off factory wheels and tires to run on the street. I often see a full set of 5 with less than 1k miles for around $400.. That's also what I will pay for one 35x12.50x17..
                              Look into the 315's. They just had a sale on the bfg for dirt cheap.
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                              X