Wrangler Unlimited advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    ah, new one! That's good to hear. Were they offering the lifetime manufacturer warranty?
    No, just a 12k mile electric, 36kmile bumper to bumper and 100k power train. Dude tried to sell me. All sorts of other warranties and such but I declined. But yeah she's brand new! First time I've ever rolled a new car off a lot. Got a great deal on it though and it's exactly what I wanted.

@BMCsean, first on the list is a roof rack (I do a lot of camping/hiking/photography. Want to get side steps and a front bumper with winch as well.

Comment

They sell some bad ass tents that sit on top of your Jeep.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        They sell some bad ass tents that sit on top of your Jeep.

http://rubicon4wheeler.blogspot.com/...d-campers.html
        That link is awesome, thanks man!! Gonna be pouring through that for a bit now. I love the idea of overlanding. We do it out of kayaks already, but I have been wanting to do a long road trip accross the US and photograph the national parks and various sights.

Comment

I bought a 2013 Rubicon 4 door. The 2012+ all have 285hp motors in them. Definitely read the jk forum, there is a wealth of info there. I have an appointment with Camoliner in Denton for mine coating the top and all. AEV hood, poison spider fenders and rockers, and lifted grill. Once that's done I'll throw a Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger 6pak suspension on it with some 35s.

As for suspensions...anything around or above 4" you'll need drive shafts. At least a front on a 4 door and both on a 2 door. Leveling kits to about 3" you're okay and a 2.5" will fit 35s.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
            That link is awesome, thanks man!! Gonna be pouring through that for a bit now. I love the idea of overlanding. We do it out of kayaks already, but I have been wanting to do a long road trip accross the US and photograph the national parks and various sights.
            Check out the Expedition/Overland Jeep thread at the JK forums. A wealth of information.

JK Show & Tell - Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!! - There are many rock-crawler modded JKs on here, which is understandable but who's modding their's for expedition type travel and long haul trips? I'm preparing mine for the above and am having a custom safari roof rack, winch bumper (LOD mid-width) and Wartn...

Comment

Any updates? How do you like the Jeep after a year of owning it? I'm seriously considering getting a Sahara or Sport Unlimited as my DD for the family since I have the green light to build a Cobra kit for my toy car.

Anything you feel is a necessary option? Do you like it as much as the day you bought it or more? Would you rather be driving something like a 2015 Mustang GT for a daily? Anything you'd change or do different?

Comment

Working...
              X