Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget the Hotter 'n hell 100 in Wichita Falls, TX on August 27th. I just bought me a Felt S32 yesterday and am starting to train today! Anybody on here in the Burleson area that I can tag along with?

Comment

Originally posted by qk03cobra View Post
      Don't forget the Hotter 'n hell 100 in Wichita Falls, TX on August 27th. I just bought me a Felt S32 yesterday and am starting to train today! Anybody on here in the Burleson area that I can tag along with?

http://www.hh100.org/
      Good luck, man... I started the same about 2mo ago and quickly realized after a few 50-55mi rides that I need a different bike - ie carbon built for long endurance style rides...

I'm still going to enter in the HHH, will be the 100mi if I can pick up the new bike before then...

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        Good luck, man... I started the same about 2mo ago and quickly realized after a few 50-55mi rides that I need a different bike - ie carbon built for long endurance style rides...

I'm still going to enter in the HHH, will be the 100mi if I can pick up the new bike before then...
        Doesnt need to be carbon but if you havent been fit, go to a LBS and get fit. The better the bike fit the more comfortable the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
          Doesnt need to be carbon but if you havent been fit, go to a LBS and get fit. The better the bike fit the more comfortable the ride.
          No, doesn't have to be carbon, but after a lot of research, I've found that the longer the haul, cheap(er) bikes aren't near as comfortable, and most "mid-high end" bikes ($2k+) are carbon.

A buddy of mine let me use his Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod2 for a 47 mile ride and I found that my Trek 2.3 wears out my upper body MUCH quicker than what a "nice" long distance bike will do for you.... Not to mention you feel far more bumps over the ride...

<-- shopping

Comment

Bikes are just damn expensive. I have an aluminum and a carbon hour. You may find your bike is great with a different saddle carbon away post and carbon bars. I think position has more to do with confirm than most anything.

I'm going to get a CX bike soon and have two sets of wheels for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              No, doesn't have to be carbon, but after a lot of research, I've found that the longer the haul, cheap(er) bikes aren't near as comfortable, and most "mid-high end" bikes ($2k+) are carbon.

A buddy of mine let me use his Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod2 for a 47 mile ride and I found that my Trek 2.3 wears out my upper body MUCH quicker than what a "nice" long distance bike will do for you.... Not to mention you feel far more bumps over the ride...

<-- shopping
              A synapse is a more relaxed fit bike, you are right there. but not all bikes are created equal. Some carbon bikes are made stiffer so just make sure you are getting what you want.

Comment

Dammit! I think my 5k was around 26:10...I'm not sure of it was because I had been in the heat swimming and running the dog all day, or from fighting through a shit load of people. But either way I'm disappointed.

Comment

Are we still using this sticky??

Well, the wife and I are doing these races in the up coming couple months:

12/21 Wed Night 7pm start time - Jingle Bell 5K Dallas (forecase calls for mid to low 50s) http://www.dallasjinglebellrun.com/

1/21 - Get Healthy Texas 5K Frisco - at only $15 if you register before 1/15, it's the cheapest one I've ever seen! Televised: http://www.dallasathletesracing.com/...lthy-texas-5k/

2/11 - Hot Chocolate 15K Dallas : http://www.hotchocolate15k.com/dallas/

Should be fun! Good way to work off the extra lbs from Thanksgiving and Christmas binging!!

-Jonny
                  2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                  '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                  '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                    Are we still using this sticky??

Well, the wife and I are doing these races in the up coming couple months:

12/21 Wed Night 7pm start time - Jingle Bell 5K Dallas (forecase calls for mid to low 50s) http://www.dallasjinglebellrun.com/

1/21 - Get Healthy Texas 5K Frisco - at only $15 if you register before 1/15, it's the cheapest one I've ever seen! Televised: http://www.dallasathletesracing.com/...lthy-texas-5k/

2/11 - Hot Chocolate 15K Dallas : http://www.hotchocolate15k.com/dallas/

Should be fun! Good way to work off the extra lbs from Thanksgiving and Christmas binging!!

-Jonny
                    I am doing the jingle bell and the hot chocolate as well.

Comment

Thanks for the post Johnny! I may consider the frisco one now. 15 is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Thanks for the post Johnny! I may consider the frisco one now. 15 is awesome!
                        Yeah, that's the cheapest one I've ever seen! I think they must be trying to get some good exposure for the TV spots...
                        -Jonny
                        2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                        '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                        '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Come out and see us!

Everyone wearing a Lockout T-Shirt will get a Free Lockout Shaker Cup and be entered in a drawing for Free Rangers tickets for a home game this season...

www.LockoutSupplements.com
                          discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

The Rahr Oktoberfest 5k is coming up on 9/29 and the Prairieman Half Marathon is 9/22.
                            HD Parts
                            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

I'm assuming the rahr comes with beer?!

Comment

Shiner is doing a 5k and half marathon as well
                                Slow moving projects
                                1964 C10 350/700r4
                                1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X