Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...Friendly reminder, just a few weeks left to the SPRING cruise 2011!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magnimike1 View Post
    only on sundays after dark!
    fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Bah, I don't have a helmet anymore. Oh well, I'll just come hang out.
      i've got a few helmets, what size is your dome?

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
        849 and faster for a helmet, gee i wonder if you have to have a cage if you are in the mid6's?
        If you are referring to me, then address me and don't beat around the bush.

If not, then disregard.

But, FWIW, I am one of FEW people who wear a REAL fire suit, shoes and correct helmet, even only to go as fast as I did - which was 6.22@111, one time. The car had 13-15 passes on it (not all of which were successful), and I sold it. I bought it back, ran it a few more times in the 7.0 class and to test a BRPV that I now sell. Now, the car is completely dismantled getting the necessary changes.

Was it right, no - will it change what I did, no. Will I do it again? Who knows, but we're all grown adults, or most of us are, and know the (possible) consequences of our actions. That doesn't make the rules any different.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          i've got a few helmets, what size is your dome?
          About this big. *puts hands up about a foot apart*

LOL, I dunno bro. I appreciate it though. I probably don't need to be racing a car I'm trying to sell anyways. So I'll just come hang out and watch you guys thrash around.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
            If you are referring to me, then address me and don't beat around the bush.

If not, then disregard.

But, FWIW, I am one of FEW people who wear a REAL fire suit, shoes and correct helmet, even only to go as fast as I did - which was 6.22@111, one time. The car had 13-15 passes on it (not all of which were successful), and I sold it. I bought it back, ran it a few more times in the 7.0 class and to test a BRPV that I now sell. Now, the car is completely dismantled getting the necessary changes.

Was it right, no - will it change what I did, no. Will I do it again? Who knows, but we're all grown adults, or most of us are, and know the (possible) consequences of our actions. That doesn't make the rules any different.
            Brooks, don't explain yourself to him. It's not worth getting into. His car is so slow he's in no threat of breaking any speed rules. lol.

Comment

I ended up racing my tow rig at Indy once and they teched it like a super gasser. Had to remove the wheel covers to see the lugnuts, made sure the battery hold down was tight (the inspector wasn't happy with the stock GM tray) and checked the overflow reservoir. I mean really, it was a 1 year old GMC truck. I guess they were worried about my 15.50s and not being able to control a truck at 90mph.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                I ended up racing my tow rig at Indy once and they teched it like a super gasser. Had to remove the wheel covers to see the lugnuts, made sure the battery hold down was tight (the inspector wasn't happy with the stock GM tray) and checked the overflow reservoir. I mean really, it was a 1 year old GMC truck. I guess they were worried about my 15.50s and not being able to control a truck at 90mph.
                Some of those things are deceiving! At Denton's last cruise, we had a dually water down the WHOLE right lane. Looked stock, but ran 8.20's!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Brooks, don't explain yourself to him. It's not worth getting into. His car is so slow he's in no threat of breaking any speed rules. lol.
                  im not gonna say his car is super fast, but with the right driver you would be surprised!

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                    Becuase the rules are 8.49 or faster maybe?
                    guess i wot be needing a helmet then! unless someone want to let me borrow some slicks!
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                      I didn't want a cage because its a fucken bitch getting in the car. I did put one in it 3 years ago, but asking if I need a helmet to go 90 mph when the track I race at the last 5 times Ive been out doesn't give a fuck was a serious question, didn't want to drive 75 miles w/o a helmet. I haven't raced at Kennedale in about 6 years.
                      If you thought a cage in a stang sucked wait til you see a Vette with a cage. My C5 traps high 140s but I can't see wanting to drive it a lot if I put a cage in it.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                        If you thought a cage in a stang sucked wait til you see a Vette with a cage. My C5 traps high 140s but I can't see wanting to drive it a lot if I put a cage in it.
                        Matt is not going to cage his Vettes. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Matt is not going to cage his Vettes. lol.
                          Um.. No. Won't be happenin. Both need cages but it won't be done

Comment

• We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                              We'll see.
                              LOL, poor Ryan. You must feel like burning your wallet everytime the cruises come around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                                Dang that is crazy trap speeds in the 1/4! Hope you have some good brakes
                                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                                August Landscaping
                                214-779-7278
                                Seb's high class.
                                He'll mow your grass.
                                He'll kick your ass.
                                And while his kidney stones pass,
                                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                                X